“Great place to rest your weary head”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Opal Motel

Opal Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leongatha
melbourne
“Great place to rest your weary head”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very clean and comfortable. I needed the rest after a long drive and I definitely got it out here. It has everything you might need and we loved the resident dog that was obviously well spoiled. Watching the sheep come right up to the fence was nice too. We had a lovely stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MforMelbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Geelong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

My son and I booked a room at this motel via the internet which was all good. My son was competing at Outrim in the junior motorcross the next day. We arrived in Leongatha and drove straight out to Outrim to the track to have a quick look before we checked into the motel back in Leongatha. While my son was walking the track, I phoned the motel to let him know we were here and to find out exactly where about in Leongatha was his Motel. His reply to me was 'your lost', and I said no, I'm not lost, I'm at the Outrim motor cross track and his reply to that was, 'like I said, your lost!' Then I attempted to engage him in recommendations for somewhere to eat and didn't get any joy there either. When we did arrive at the motel, I went to reception and was greeted very coldly and told your in number four on the corner there, was handed the key and he walked back into his home. I always thought country people were very friendly and helpful, or perhaps this man doesn't like women or perhaps he does't like the general public and if it's the latter, why is he working in this industry??
I'm afraid I didn't enjoy his attitude and won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Robin W, Owner at Opal Motel, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Paula

I am sorry you believed that I did not provide the appropriate level of customer service that you expected. It was not my intention to be abrupt (surly) with you and in no way am l biased against women.

Please accept this apology and next time you are in the area please accept a free night accommodation in recognition of your disappointment.

Robin Wood
byron bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed in the family room. A queen, a double and a single. Perfect for our family of 5.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank gointosa
Creswick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

We travelled to Leongatha as a group of four families - each with varying accommodation needs. After some discussion our needs were all ably met. The facility is ageing but under renovation, the grounds tidy, and the owners friendly and cooperative. Thanks for a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank MuffyCreswick
Bargara, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

Small Motel 12 rooms,Clean and Newly Renovated. We stay here when we visit this area of Gippsland.Very quiet and good comfy beds.The lovely owners serve a good size Brekky too.I wouldn't stay anywhere else now I've found this Gem.Did I say the price was reasonable too!

5 Thank aussiecruiser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leongatha
Prom Country Lodge
#3 of 3 in Fish Creek
Inverloch Motel
Inverloch Motel
#2 of 4 in Inverloch

Been to Opal Motel? Share your experiences!