“Beautiful, peaceful, restful, perfect hosts!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancefield
Farmers Arms Retreat
Ranked #2 of 4 Lancefield B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We had the privelege of spending several days at the Farmers Arm with our lovely hosts. The Inn itself is beautiful, the rooms, beds, linens are luxurious, the breakfast leisurely and freshly prepared. I also had the opportunity to experience the most relaxing massage of my life in the day spa.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank AmericanDream80
There are newer reviews for Farmers Arms Retreat

Reviewed June 2, 2009

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. The property is stunning - beautifully restored, welcoming and comfortable. Di was the perfect host - very friendly, made us delicious meals and recommended places for us to visit. We also loved her pets - attention-seeking Isabella (dog) and a cat (can't remember her name but she was very beautiful).

We loved our room - very comfortable bedding, huge modern bathroom and, most importantly, it had that personal touch that we wanted from a B&B. The garden was a delight and a nice place to read a paper.

We had a wonderful time there and would recommend a stay for anyone who wants a relaxing break. My friends stayed at the lodging provided by a nearby winery but I thought Farmers Arms Retreat was much much nicer for the same price.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clychan
Reviewed March 12, 2008

After hours and hours of trying to (last minute) find a place to stay on the long weekend that would allow us to bring our dog (feeling guilty we are leaving her at Easter!), I got a call from the Farmers Arms in Lancefield. They dont allow all dogs, but we chatted for a while and they decided it was ok.

The property was exquisitely renovated last year - the new owners have fabulous taste, which combined with the beautiful old building produces great results. Everything from the lighting to the color schemes to the fresh flowers was divine.

The downside of this was I felt like I needed to constantly check that my boyfriend/dog were not besmirching the beautiful property, which made it hard for me to relax!! My boyfriend said he had never seen me tidy up so much in his life.

We had a glass of wine and a chat with the owners on arrival, and then parked ourselves in their beautiful gardens (bore water) for the afternoon. Poor dog ended up falling into the pond, but that is another story.

For dinner we went to the Romsey hotel, which was fine, nothing great, nothing terrible. There are apparently some good restaurants nearby, but they weren't open on a Sunday night. We had a few more drinks with the hosts and their dinner guests (the local gallery owners/artist) when we got back.

In the morning Di cooked us a lovely breakfast - fresh fruit and yoghurt, coffee, baked eggs, yummy toast, tomatoes etc. We packed up and headed off, quite relaxed.

The town has an interesting bookstore and gallery, and the home made cakes at the milk bar were to die for!

The only downside of the property is that it is one single house, so it isn't as private as if you had your own cabin etc. I liked our room (the Garden Room) as it had a separate door out to the garden. But overall it is highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jojoMelbourne