“Simple, delicious lunch”

Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Kyneton
Ballarat
“Simple, delicious lunch”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The old Kyneton market is now a delightful café and larder. The variety of local and imported produce is first class, and well priced. Lunch was superb we had the tomato, avocado, herb and fetta bruschetta off the menu and haven't honestly had anything better anywhere. Also had the baked eggs (our friend is probably an expert on baked eggs and said he has never had better) and the special beetroot tart was also great. Beautiful coffee, perfect lunch. A gelato from the fridge in the larder finished us off on a high. Be back there soon that's for sure and well worth the very pleasant drive.

• Visited February 2014

“Great customer service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is a cute cafe in a gorgeous old brick building.
When I was there their paypass facilities were a little unreliable and it was not until a couple of days later that I saw it had deducted the amount of my card twice. I rang the cafe and explained the situation and they simply said to come back and they would give me the additional money back.
When I went in a few days later to collect my money, the owner was extremely friendly, didn't ask any question and refunded my money.
It is great hassle-free customer service like this that would see me return to this establishment.
The food was also delicious.

• Visited December 2013
“Sensational”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went to this gorgeous spot in historic piper st. (I usually stick to the Main Street but had heard this place changed hands over a few months ago)
Loved it, great cafe in the front section and awesome speciality supermarket at the back.
Had to stop for a coffee as they use "supreme" and it was awesome. Service was great, very easy going and friendly, eager to please, noticed the sign above to order at the counter so wasn't confused, only issue was other people ordering were blocking my look of the amazing array of home made cakes! (Wasn't a bad thing )
Will be back for sure to try the food. Menu looked great,
Happy little local. Just what we needed in this town.

• Visited December 2013
“Good Espresso, excellent food.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm From Melbourne and moved to Kyneton a few months ago. Struggled to find a coffee that stood up to Melbourne's standards in Kyneton. Dropped into Duck Duck Goose to try my luck on a Sunday morning, pre bike ride. Wasn't planning on eating, but the menu looked pretty cool. Ordered an espresso and the mushroom/chia seed dish. You have to order at the bar, which is country town standard and okay by me.

Coffee was brought to me by a younger female waitress, she was very friendly. My coffee was beautiful and sweet. So nice.
My food arrived and tasted great. Didn't have to wait too long for food. I ordered a flat white, when it came out, it was impressive and tasted incredible. I then walked off breakfast in the 'Larder' section. A large, old shed full of gourmet foods, a lot of which seemed to be made locally.

I was very impressed by this place, and I'm happy I have found somewhere in Kyneton that stands up to Melbourne's high standards.

Kyneton, Australia
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went here with my two little girls. I stood at the counter and was completely ignored. I asked if they had a highchair and got a blank 'No'. That was it. Then I asked whether they took orders at the table or at the counter. 'At the counter' was the reply. No 'hello, what can I do for you?... nothing. Rude. I am local. I know people Duck Duck!

• Visited January 2014