“Yummy Lunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
“Yummy Lunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Dropped in to Mr Carsisi for lunch, as it looked like a good spot with both indoor and outdoor casual dining. The menu was extensive but what caught our eye was the meze plates. We shared four of these with a bottle of wine and were treated to a sensation of great tastes and food combinations. My favorite was the duck, feta and walnut salad. Yummy. The wine complemented the meal beautifully, but I really prefer being able to pour my own wine. An ice bucket within reach would still allow the waiter to top up glasses, but when all staff were busy, we had empty glasses. Shouldn't have to ask for our wine. Still, it was a pleasant experience and we'd go again if we were in the area.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hilary M

Victoria, Australia
“Single people not welcome......”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Went for lunch today only to be told I was not able to sit outside (it was a glorious day) as there were no tables available (even though there were 2 empty tables outside). I can only surmise it was because I was by myself and the tables outside were for 2 or 4 people (no one else was queuing up to be seated...) The waitress was rude and abrupt and I felt very unwelcome - it is obvious that single diners are not welcome

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Ownerrgh
Sydney, Australia
“Very tasty”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A great find in a foodie region. Went with a group and decided to share meze plates. Not only interesting combinations but delicious. The golden calamari was sensational as were the fish cakes. Didn't try any mains but they looked and sounded good as well. Save some room for the great deserts as well, especially the bacalava. Solid wine list as well, The Curly Flat Pinot and chardonnay the standouts.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Drew M
Sydney, Australia
“Market Day Lunch in the country”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were in Kyneton but not sure where to eat(spoilt for choice for good food) but we received a number of unsolicited recommendations to eat there, so the decision was made.

The service at MrCarsisi was attentive and engaging - nothing was too much bother. The explanations of the dishes and that they were mostly made to share helped us settle on three of the specials of the day- and good choices they were - and the warm potato fetta cheese and dill dip. The food had a strong middle eastern feel to it and was wonderfully spiced and thoroughly delicious.

We were uncertain about what to have for dessert but followed the waitress' strong recommendation of the dessert tasting plate. There was plenty for four of us and this made it exceptional value. The deserts (again with a modern twist on middle eastern) with unusual combinations such as burnt honey and tumeric icecream.

We thoroughly recommend Mr Carsisi as a fantastic restaurant and well worth the drive from Melboutrne.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robbo_from_Sydney
Daylesford, Australia
“I can't believe it...”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been travelling over from Daylesford to Mr Carsisi for a while now and I was just looking up the phone number when I came across this ridiculous page.
They have always done lovely food and they are one of our favourites in the area.
I can't believe people write on these things but I felt compelled to.
Unless something has changed in the last couple of months then the majority of the food at the restaurant is shared. Mezza I believe it is called.
Complaining about a serve would be like complaining about a serve of tapas at MoVida not being big enough - ridiculous. Do as we do and just keep ordering until you're done.
If something was to happen to Mr Carsisi because of somebodies ignorance we would be most upset.
Love Mr Carsisi and we'll see you soon.

• Visited July 2013