Kyneton Bushland Resort
Mollison's(Kyneton)
Bunjil Farm(Kyneton)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmini golfgames roomswimming poolthe kitchenhanging rockmaster bedroomgum treesthe great ocean roadcentral victoriaself containedlounge areatable tennisother guestssquash courtbush landensuite bathroomclose to nature
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Lovely appartment, very spacious and comfortable and extremly well appointed. Close to town. Bush setting is lovely, watching kangaroos hop by as we ate breakfast was a real treat. The only downside was the surprise $40 single night surcharge - bit my fault that I didn't see it when I booked the room, BUT I paid up front and was issued a receipt with no outstanding balance, when I checked in I mentioned we may leave before reception opened and asked where to leave the key - no mention of the $40. Imagine my surprise when hubby went to drop the key off as we were a bit later than planned, to be told we still owed money. When I questioned the receptionist I was told the surcharge doesn't go onto the invoice when you book online, I said they needed to fix that so if you book a single nigt it gets added - her response - it's not my department. My response - I didn't imagine it was, but it is your responsibility to pass on customer complaints - and have no doubt this is a complaint.

Room Tip: Be wary if you stay a single night there is a surcharge that doesn't get added at time of booking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank aussiechick3564
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Contrary to the "Huge Disappointment" I am currently staying at Kyneton Bushland Resort with my Husband, Daughter & Husband & our Grandsons! We have stayed here several times over many years since our older Grandchildren were toddlers! Although the bikes etc are old the children always have an absolutely wonderful time! We find the staff very obliging as most Australians are! And when all is said & done it is a Bushland Resort what would you expect "Botanical Gardens"? The lake is also great with its canoes not a swamp, if you don't like it go stay in a 5 star Hotel! Leanne G.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Kyneto
Reviewed February 25, 2014

we stayed using RCI time share. we were greeted by friendly staff who were very helpful. we used the mini golf and the pool, spa, sauna, the villa was fantastic value. Clean with good beds. we woke up in the morning to Kangaroo's out side the unit.
All in all a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: make sure you leave enough time to look around.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Pete W
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have been here several times. The fact that the resort has a pleasant bush setting and lots to do makes it a nice place to stay; it's also in close (driving) proximity to Kyneton town, Woodend, Trentham, Daylesford, Mount Macedon, the Chocolate Mill near Daylesford, Ballarat, Creswick, Malmsbury, Bendigo, etc, so if you enjoy visiting multiple country towns but also staying in a lovely bush resort this is ideal.

The resort has been running continuously for several decades (under different names), and while the resort has changed over the years (rooms have been renovated), I feel it will continue changing and many people will enjoy coming here for a bush holiday. There are also courtesy buses that take you from the resort to the train or shops as long as you let them know first.

The last time we stayed here was in Dec 2013 and I noticed that one of the doors had difficulty closing, but I guess that this will be followed up and the problem rectified.

Room Tip: They will randomly pick a villa for you but if you prefer a certain villa just let them know.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank KatPati
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the Bushland resort for a week and we had a very good experience overall. The unit was spotless and we loved the peace and quiet. The units are maintained to the highest of standards.There was so much to do within the resort and my daughter turned 10 at this beautiful resort.
The staff here were amazing and so very helpful and friendly. I recall sending them an email a couple of months ago inquiring if there were any restaurants serving lobsters in the vicinity as my daughter wanted to have them on her birthday dinner and I got a reply almost immediately and so promptly advising me of the speciality restaurants in Kyneton and Macedon Ranges.
Will definitely love to go back to this beautiful and serene location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family