“Love it!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I always eat here every time I am in in Inverloch - the food is delicious, the service friendly, efficient and professional and the restaurant is filled with ambiance. I could not think of a better place to go for a special evening out. Try the white chocolate tart - it is pure heaven...

There are newer reviews for Vela 9

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have just had the most superb meal that I have had in a while. Lovely entree, (spicy tempura prawns) Excellent main (crispy skin baby snaper - the best fish meal that I have ever had)....but the 'must try' is the white chocolate tart for dessert!!!! Awesome!!!!
Friendly service - Vela9 is a must for anyone visiting the Bass Coast..

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Read reviews here and decided to give this restaurant a try based on good review so I'll try to be factual about our experience.
This restaurant is expensive with small portions. If you are prepared to pay a lot of money before you go here then you may be happy with what you get.
My first impression when given the menu was of a lack of choice. 4 main meals on the menu one of which was vegetarian. There were a couple of specials offered by the waiter. The prices were near the $40 mark for a main so I expected a nice meal. Each of our mains came with a small/ medium sized piece of meat with a sauce and not much else. It tasted good but for this price getting 2 baby finger sized carrots or a smear of mashed potatoe on the plate is a lot less than i expect.
The waiter was nice enough but became overly friendly to the point I found it invasive.
Overall experience was unpleasant hence the overall 2 star rating. The quality of food was probably 3/4 star.

2  Thank Banjo B
Reviewed January 1, 2013

You can go and splurge if you want or you can go and have tapas and relax and not have to spend heaps of money.

The meals are divine, the head chef/owner is pure quality. They hire great waiters who know the food they sell, the front of house/owner she is also very welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had not been to Vela 9 for some time after a forgettable service experience some time ago, so it was with some trepidation that we booked a table for dinner.

We were placed at a 'community' table, but there was enough space for us to have a priate conversation.

Entrees were delicious - tortellini for my wife and a beautiful vegetarian dish for me. It was so well presented, I was reluctant to mess up the art work! Mains were equally delicious (duck and swordfish) but the highlight was the desserts - a tart for my wife and a panna cotta that melted in my mouth.

Service was friendly and efficient and the ambience of the place was very pleasant. If there was a grumble it would be that red wine drinkers appear to be better catered for than those of us who prefer whites. Considering the quality of the food, it would have been great to complement this with a premium chardonnay or reisling. (With Bass Phillip just down the road, it may be worth a chat ...)