We have just come back from the caravan park at RACV Inverloch resort. We probably didn't have particularly high expectations as really there isn't a huge difference between caravan parks - packed in like sardines & hope like hell you don't get a ranter or snorer next door.
Well, me of little faith & huge cynicism was absolutely proven wrong.
The caravan park is set at the back of the resort in a beautiful treed setting. The sites are spaced very well apart, with trees and bushes dividing each site.
We had an ensuite site & were very grateful to have our own beautifully clean, bright bathroom.
Next, the camp kitchen; this is beautifully set up with ultra clean BBQ plates & hot plates, full-sive fridges, large very comfortable dining setting & a TV.
When 2 Winnebagos that looked like they were straight out of a Lucille Ball movie lumbered up the hilll we wondered if they would overshadow all of us. But with plenty of space at the top of the park they fitted in just fine, even though the camper trailer next door suddenly looked built for a family of pygmies.
But, back to the cold, wet, windy weather; what other caravan park can offer full access to:
- a stunning view of wild rolling seas as you sit back & enjoy a beautiful coffee in front of the fire in the most salubrious restaurant
- full access to indoor pool, billiards, air hockey, tennis
- a short stroll through beautifully maintained parkland & bush to a restaurant serving excellent food that wouldn't be out of place in a 5 star Melbourne restaurant
- a kangaroo & joey visting each evening
- more birds than we could possibly identify
What was the downside?
We're still absolutely useless at catching fish, we can predict that if we're going on holiday the heavens will open, and one week is simply not enough time to really enjoy this resort and beautiful surrounding areas.
We'll be back !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Gippsland with dramatic views of Bass Strait and Anderson’s Inlet, the magnificent eco-friendly RACV Inverloch Resort is the ideal base for a wonderful coastal holiday. Formerly farming land, today the 32-hectare site houses a cleverly designed, low impact and architecturally striking resort fronting a pristine stretch of beach, a wetland haven for wildlife and an ever-changing panorama of sea and sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your RACV Inverloch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Racv Inverloch Hotel Inverloch