“Great service”

Ranked #1 of 21 Healesville B&B and Inns
The Entrance
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked two nights at the Tuck Inn for the busy Christmas holiday period and then had to cancel due to a broken ankle.
Donia was very understanding and refunded my deposit in full. My husband and I will definitely visit the Yarra Valley when I am back on my feet and we can't wait to stay at Tuck Inn. Thanks for your compassion and kind words Donia.
Deb-Blue Bay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
doniatb, Owner at Tuck Inn Yarra Valley, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello Deborah,

What an unexpected review - thank you so much.

My promise to myself was that when I started at the Tuck Inn, it was always going to be based on treating guests exactly like how I would like to be treated - and you suffering a broken ankle – gosh, refunding you was the least I could do.

I really do hope you heal up real quick and come and explore all that the gorgeous Yarra Valley has to offer.

Donia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a wonderful overnight stay at the Tuck Inn. It's in a fantastic location just off the main street. The room was spacious and we absolutely loved all the huge welcoming living room and peaceful deck/backyard. Our hosts were just wonderful...so friendly and helpful...and the delicious cooked breakfast was just what we needed after a big night out :)

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

From our initial welcome we got a real sense of how house proud Donia and Ozzie are of the Tuck Inn, and the care they have both taken in presenting a very stylish B&B. After a quick run down by Donia on keys and breakfast timings we where left alone which is also very considerate after a day's travel. Our room had all the hall marks of a couple that have a keen eye for presentation and detail. From the throw rug over the comfortable chair, the meticulously grounded coffee, place mats on the table and of course the milk in the little jugs we new this was value for money. After a good nights sleep our stay ended with a beautifully cooked breakfast by Ozzie, chat with Donia, papers and a good coffee. No fuss about the bill till the very end, thank you we really enjoyed our short stay. See you Again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Arriving at the Tuck Inn I was pleasantly surprised how close to the main strip of shops I was, yet in a very quiet street. 'Perfect' I thought, just a walk to town. I was greeted by Donia with a smile & the kind of service you'd always hope for everywhere you go. The room was beautifully simplistic, modern, with lovely details to remind you that you were in the countryside & here to relax & enjoy. High on my priority list are cleanliness, smell & how comfortable my sleep was going to be. Bed, great, check. Pillows, plenty & various sizes, check. Cleanliness & smell, all good, check. I complimented my friend on the great choice she made on our accommodation, as we were attending a wedding that weekend. The breakfast the next day was made to order and the cappuccino was exceptional (This Melbourne gal loves a good coffee). I'm not one for writing reviews on sites. But I thought to myself, what can be improved? To be quite honest, I'm still trying to think of something. Great value. Well done guys (Likes This).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
doniatb, Owner at Tuck Inn Yarra Valley, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hello there,

Wow – thank you for the great feedback about the Bed and Breakfast, and we (Ozzie and I) are over the moon you loved the coffee. I reckon the Barista Coffee Course has paid off, although we still need to work on our “coffee art” skills……

Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Tuck Inn in December 2012 for one night as part of a visit to Australia from London to celebrate my significant birthday and we had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The inn is a converted freemason’s hall and has 5 bedrooms, spotlessly clean with modern décor and bathrooms and a lovely large communal living space with heavy wooden furniture, huge sofas, books to borrow, a big TV/DVD and a sound system. There is also an outside seating area for enjoying the sunshine. Donia and Ozzie who run the place are lovely people, you could not ask for friendlier or kinder hosts. Donia in particular is a mine of information about local restaurants, places to visit and the best / most interesting ways to get from A to B. She recommended the nearby Innocent Bystander restaurant and when we got there we found that she had telephoned to arrange for glasses of celebratory birthday fizz for us – what a lovely touch! The next morning there was a breakfast buffet, great coffee plus cooked breakfast done to order – all delicious. Then we spent an hour with Donia planning our route to the Mornington Peninsula via Phillip Island and she gave us lots of hints of places to stop along the way for refreshment, winery cellar doors to be tempted inside and scenery to be enjoyed. The Tuck Inn and its hosts are definitely recommended if you are visiting Healesville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for your review. I must say, it was an absolute pleasure hosting you both and thrilled that you planned to visit Healesville on your celebratory trip down under!

As a traveller myself, I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to help plan your onward trip to the Peninsula, ensuring that a spot of wine tasting was the order of the day.

Take Care and come back to the ‘ville if you next down under.

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I chose to stay at the Tuck Inn based on the reviews on TA and this place is well deserving number 1 TA b&b in healesville! The hosts are lovely, the place is furnished tastefully, the morning breakfast was great! We stayed here for a wedding in the area but if we return to healesville we'll definatly stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Koo-Wee-Rup, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

A group of 4 of us, occupying 3 rooms, used this venue while taking an American guest around the Yarra Valley. All our rooms were very tastefully decorated, had beautiful linen and were each air-conditioned.

The common room had everything you needed - we used it as a cheese and wine tasting area after visiting wineries, just before going out to dinner.

The following morning we were served a wonderful cooked breakfast with everything you could want. I highly recommend this for anyone coming to Healesville or the Yarra Valley for any purpose.

Thanks Donia, we will be seeing you again!

Room Tip: The King Suite is huge and includes a kitchenette. If you want the extra space, that's my choice...