“Great food, little odd”

Healesville RSL
Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Healesville
Cuisines: Bar, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wheelers Hill, Australia
“Great food, little odd”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so only my second visit to an RSL taken by friends both times, didn't know what to expect.

So when everyone stood up and they played a version of the last post and someone played a recorded speech I was a bit dumb founded. However as I say this is an RSL and I didn't know what to expect.

So first off the food was very good, large enough menu, good quality, well cooked, standard Aussie faire, incl fish, lamb, steaks and roasts. (Sunday roast was great)

Service was friendly, nice smiley waitress, with attentive staff throughout - but please get these guys a uniform. Civvies just look scruffy. Nothing military, just blacks and whites as a standard like most places!! Wearing jeans and various shirts made the standard look a little low. But please remember all ye staff we dealt with we're exceptionally friendly and welcoming.

The location was good, straight opposite the brewery (which is great too), easy to park, quick dash across the road.

The cost of our meals was very good for the courses we had. The portions were great too, not these flimsy noncy portions some city places plate up! Actually felt I had VFM!

My only reservation which makes me sound snobby (which I don't think I am but who measures such things) is that the place rests next to a large 'pokies' and some of the atmosphere rubs off from that, which is a genuine shame. The Glen Waverley RSL feels a little more up market but the food is far inferior).

1 Thank TimandVal