“Rough Diamond” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Wanda Inn - CLOSED

A Wanda Inn
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Description: A young Japanese Chef, trained at Chateau Yering and Jacques Reymonde, has taken over this cafe in Healesville. The food is brilliant and truly innovative. He is being assisted by another cook who has had 2 x 2hat 'Cheap Eats ' cafes in Healesville. A fabulous newcomer!
Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia
“Rough Diamond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am always joyously surprised when I stumble upon an eatery that the "in the know" don't know about! This very unassuming cafe/restaurant has the faced and decor of an eighties suburban coffee shop but with the food and presentation of a slick inner city elitist food mecca. I was gobsmacked with the gyoza! Truly, no where and I mean no where is Australia will you get it as good - and I lived in Japan for more than three years and was hooked on the stuff.

My partner and enjoyed the aforementioned followed by the Teriyaki burger [for myself] and the lemon myrtle crusted chicken breast for her.

This little gem is a fusion of Japanese influenced flavours with remarkable local produce and eye popping freshness.

I would heartily recommend this to all even for the sake of an hours drive from the city!

They also serve locally produced organic bottle iced tea from the Functional Beverage Company in Coldstream which was a perfect accompaniment to extraordinary cuisine!

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank NudeFoodDude

Melbourne, Australia
“Don't be fooled by the simple exterior”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Wandering around Healesville on a Sunday to find lunch we stumbled across this little cafe - I was a bit dubious about the interior and exterior but didn't have time to look for anywhere else to eat. I'm so glad we didn't overlook this one - who cares about exteriors when the food was delicious and the price very reasonable! Next time we're in Healsville we'll be going back.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Caroline P
Essendon
“Healesville Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

A Wanda Inn Cafe is quite unassuming and reinforces the notion to 'never judge a book by its cover'. I'm not surprised it enjoys a 100% approval rating, it's simply brilliant with a very strong Japanese influence. I opted for Soup Du Jour (Sweet Corn) which was better than superb as well as the Fetta & Pumpkin Croquettes, served with a Romesco sauce which were amazing! AWIC supports the theory that 'fresh is best' with everything being made on the premises :) Very Highly recommended when in Healesville.

4 Thank Groeneveld