“Outstanding Value”

and up
Healesville Sanctuary and Yarra Valley Day Trip from Melbourne
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Healesville
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Wine touring company that specialises in boutique tours to the Yarra Valley, Victoria. We are based in the Yarra Valley and have excellent knowledge with passionate guides to take you on a tour to remember.Our cool climate wines are some of the best in the world, so let us share them with you.Full daily public tours that anyone can join are a great way to see the area with a maximum of 11 people, or if you have a group of friends for an occasion we can look after you too, any size. We also offer Healesville Sanctuary Tours where you can get up close and personal with our local wildlife. Visit the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery. Or maybe you would like Farm Gate tour, and try all sorts of different fruits etc.
Margaret River, Australia
“Outstanding Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am remiss in letting nearly two months go by befiore submitting my review.. My experience in January 2013 was in every way positive. From the helpful approach of the owner in arranging the booking to the flexibility of payment arrangements and culminating in a superb experience, I am impressed by the professionalism and flxibility of this company's offerings. The range of wineries visited, flexibility of choice and superb lunch come together to make this a very affordable and thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Although most wineries visited offered a variety of wines from acceptable to excellent, only one (with a largely undeserved notariety and prices that reflected a misguided sense of its own importance) failed to impress. I say this, not to denigrate the wonderful tour in any way but to emphasise the reality that not all can be perfect and the wisdom of the guide/driver was reinforced by his knowledge of the offerings of the lesser known small producers rather than reliance on the "name" producers.

I didn't let on to the cellar door attendant at this winery who was snobbish and treated us like low-life idiots that I was a winemaker and probably had a little more of an understanding of the product than she had .....YES you guessed it Yarra Yering! I won't be includiing that one again.

Notwithstanding that, I don't knoew of any tour operators in the region in which I work who offer such outstanding value and lunch at prices commensurate with Wild Wombat.

I say to the owners - Well Done! and keep up the good work. Your product represents a true service offering and outstanding value.

Visited January 2013
Wilbur888, Owner at Wild Wombat Winery Tours, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi Michael B,
Thank you for your lovely evaluation of the day out in the Yarra Valley that you experienced with my company. I am really happy that you found it good value, as I believe the best things in life shouldn't cost a fortune.
We take a lot of pride in our tours and are very passionate.
I hope we can have you out again some day down the track.

Kind regards
Yvette

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Wild Wombat Winery Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

What more can I say other than FANTASTIC.
My partner and I headed up to Healesville for a weekend away. We were reccomended via 'Argyles' to give them a call and with no hesitation I called Yvette who was great at accomodating us squeezing us in last minute. Yvette picked us up from our accomodation and we knew instantly that we were in for a great day. Yvette's knoledge of the area is second to none, although she is a local I dont think i've met many people who could tell me more about there home town and history as Yvette. As we were picked up in Healesville we had one more local pick up.
We headed down to the 'innocent bystander' to pick up the rest of the people who were a little thirsty after being picked up from Melbourne. Our 'first stop' was at Domoniqe Portet which as a 'non wine drinker' I was quite sceptical however I have been converted. The sparkling and pinot is to die for. After playng some bocce while the others made some purchases we headed up to 'Maddens Rise' where we had a tasting with the wonderful Emma. Beautiful fully organic ran vineyard and the wine did not disapoint the Rose' was my favourite. We visited several more vineyards and had luch at the 'Tokar' however the 2 i've mentioned were my personal favourite.

Visited March 2013
Hi Keane c,
My pleasure having you on board, it was great to see you really enjoy the wines and area.
and thank you for your lovely review.

Kind regards
Yvette
Brisbane, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Days Don't Get Any Better Than This!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Booked this trip on the day after attending a conference in Melbourne. Our home in Queensland had been flooding with torrential rain for 6 weeks, and, in a real turn for the books, Melbourne turned on spectacular weather! Yvette was our guide, and she is simply tops! She's lived around Healesville most of her life, and listens to the group, picking wineries appreciated by the individuals. We left from outside St Paul's Cathedral and were blessed to spend the day with a great group of people. Visiting Madden's Rise, Bystander,Dominque Porter, Oakridge and lunch at Tokar Estate. It was a simply splendid lunch at that! Finally, Boat O'Craigo did not receive the attention it deserved, because it was all a big ask to taste at each of the above. The Yarra Valley was at it's best, and the experience could not have been made more enjoyable by Yvette. My advice.... DO IT!

Visited March 2013
Glad you had a great time and thank you for your kind trip advisor review.
Pleasure to have you on board.

Copacabana, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wild Wombat Tours are a MUST if you want a great wine tour in the Yarra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ive done wine tours of the hunter valley, swan valley, nappa valley and now the yarra valley and this tour with WWT's was by far the best and i can't praise them enough. We had Janine as our tour guide for the private group tour i booked and she was amazing, she picked us up from our hotel on queen street and took us to IB first which was a good way to start, we then went to dominque portet which was a really nice winery and the staff there were very knowledgable and really nice. After these two tastings we were running ahead of time, but instead of going to our next scheduled winery and waiting around until they were ready for us, janine rang ahead to another winery coombe farm and got us a tasting there at no extra cost to that of which we had paid. This was by far the best winery we visited all day and Nicky the lady that works there is an absolute gem, i could of sat there all afternoon drinking wine and chatting to her. When it was our scheduled slot move on to Tokar estate for a tasting and lunch. Lunch here was amazing, we sat down and ordered our meals then they got us up for a tasting, after the tasting we chose what glass we wanted with lunch and ate (the food was amazing, I suggest their rib-eye if its on the menu when u go). After lunch we moved on to punt rd, it was great to mix it up with a bit of cider (very yummy cider i might add) but their wines were average. Then we went to yarra valley dairy for some cheese tastings which were very nice. All in all WWT's made our day (my birthday) an amazing one and they come with my HIGHEST recommendations

Visited February 2013
Wilbur888, Owner at Wild Wombat Winery Tours, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
So glad to hear you had a great day for your Birthday! We try hard to get it right so its nice to know it all went well.
Thanks again for touring with "The Wombat"!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Sharon, our tour guide, ensure we had a fantastic experience on our winery tours! There was never a dull moment. We had a brilliant group as well, and lots of laughts, wine, lunch & scenery was enjoyed.

Highly recommend Wild Wombat for a winery tour!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chris K
Hi Chris K,
Thank you for your lovely words, I have passed these onto Sharon who was most pleased..