“Lovely getaway”

and 1 more site!
Outlook Hill Vineyard & Cottages
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Staying here currently for a 3 night getaway. Cottages don't look much from the outside but are lovely inside and obviously cared for. From check in to check out we have had no contact with management which suited us just fine. Breakfast provisions were yogurts, coffee, a loaf of bread and spreads. A bit underwhelming. Some farm eggs and ham would have been most welcome. We bought some Outlook Hill wines and they were lovely. We would return.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MCM101

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I spent a marvellous 24 hour stay in the Terrace room at Outlook Hill recently.
We were extremely impressed by the spotless , clean and attractive facilities .
We were very comfortable and warm and made to feel very much at home by the hosts .The views are sensational !!!! It was great to lie in bed and watch the countryside in the morning .
Many attractions nearby e.g. vineyards , restaurants , golf , walks and wildlife sanctuary .
Would highly recommend for those who would like a peaceful , picturesque holiday .

Room Tip: Whatever available
2  Thank Robert M
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our beautiful and perfect our stay at Outlook Hill. When we walked into the cottage, I said to my husband that it was exactly what I wanted, and he agreed - nice and cosy without being tiny, and of course the view...WOW! We had a great time, and the cottage was perfect for our ideal weekend - reading, exploring the town and enjoying the amazing produce around the valley. The cottage was so nice that we opted to stay in an cook ourselves a little dinner on the first night to enjoy the fire place and cosy couches. Oh, and the dogs were so friendly and we loved them visiting our deck each morning. Can't wait to go back (all the way from Queensland but will definitely go back).

Room Tip: I think 5 different cabins are available, but they are all spread out along the top of the hill, so...
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Leading a very busy and time poor life, we needed a get-away not far from home but removed from daily life. We tried a few places around Melbourne with mixed success………. and then my husband found OUTLOOK HILL.
The very first time we spend a long weekend in one of the cottages we knew this was it. After visiting Outlook Hill now for several years, several times a year, we call it our ‘Recovery’ space. As soon as we drive up the driveway towards the cottages, we immediately feel calmer and more relaxed. We can reconnect with ourselves and each other.
The cottages are very comfortable and homey. The kitchenette has provided us with space enough to provide beautiful snacks and delicious meals. But with so many fabulous wineries and eateries in such close proximity………… who would want to spend much time cooking?
Peter and Lydia (the owners) have provided a cosy and private space for those looking for some peace. Provisions in the cottage are ample for your early morning coffee/tea to sit on the balcony and watch the balloons drift through the valley! Fresh bread is provided and Peter even drops in the morning newspaper on Sunday morning! Both are extremely helpful and happy to assist with anything on your mind.
As city dwellers, the most overwhelming part of our stays is always the view. Breathtaking, especially if you are lucky enough to experience a sunset. Absolutely beautiful.
We will continue to return……………… again, again, again. Our home away from home.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent two nights in cottage three for my birthday over the weekend. It was warm and cosy with an open fire place. The place was clean and very well presented, with lovely furnishings including extra throws for warmth. Bifold doors opened out onto a large deck where the views were amazing, even though it rained the whole time it was lovely to be tucked away in the warm cabin! There was everything we needed for breakfast and we brought our own eggs and bacon for a fry up. The Spa bath was spacious and the layout was perfect. Friendly people and a very friendly little jack russel came to visit us. And on Sunday morning they brought us a weekend paper. We would definitely revisit :) Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in cottage 3 and it was spacious and cosy
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I love visiting the Yarra Valley and believe it to be one of the most enjoyable and beautiful areas within an easy drive from Melbourne. Our first visit to Outlook Hill was some two years ago sampling and purchasing some of their celebrated wines. At the time we noticed the cottages and decided we should return and stay to allow more time in one of our favourite areas.
Our return was later than we had hoped, we booked and stayed in the gallery suite which was quite overwhelming in size, with its high pitched ceilings and mezzanine bedroom.The decor was charming and homely and the couches around the open fireplace were welcoming and comfortable, a great place to relax with the fire alight.The view from the large windows and doors opening to the terrace was spectactular, possibly the best in the area.We found the breakfast provided was more than adequate with ample tea/coffee etc. The sleeping accomodation on the mezzanine was a delight, the bathroom was spacious,clean and fresh with soaps shampoo etc all provided.
In summary our stay was most enjoyable, the proprietors were welcoming and friendly while respecting our privacy. The accomodation and amenities ticked all the boxes with the added bonus of spectacular views and a great location. We will definitely return and have no hesitation with recomending Outlook Hill to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: Gallery Suite was excellent
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been to the Yarra Valley a number of times and have grown to love it and the different places I have stayed. However, on this occasion, having chosen Outlook Hill I was very disappointed. Some of my negative points may seem small but had we known about them prior to booking I would've chosen somewhere else to stay.

We stayed in the studio apartment which I expected more of considering there wasn't a great deal of difference in the price compared to the Premium cottages. Unfortunately they were already booked. The interior looked clean, however, it was shabby and the furniture looked old and dated. The electrical fireplace was also very underwhelming after it had been described as "delightful" and "mesmerising to watch" to me upon booking.

The next few points may seem minor but we felt they needed to be shared. There is no door on the bathroom. It has a bi-folding screen for some limited privacy, which is fine, but sometimes you just need a bathroom door! Also, we found out during our stay that the Studio Apartment used to be the cellar door for wine tastings. Therefore, as it is being used for a purpose other than what it was built for, it is not appropriately ventilated. So the bathroom view and the view from the main room was constantly obscured by the foggy windows.

To make matters worse, the last night we spent there was made very unenjoyable due to the constant beeping noise from the fire alarm. We didn't want to contact the owner as we had to have her visit us due to some problems that we discovered soon after check in. We didn't want to disturb her again as she seemed annoyed at being contacted and almost accusing of the problem we had discovered so we just put up with it. This left us rather annoyed and glad to be leaving.

Overall, as always, I enjoyed my visit to the Yarra Valley. However, I didn't enjoy my stay at Outlook Hill. I won't be staying here on my next trip nor would I recommend it to others.

3  Thank bc_4182
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healesville
Chateau Yering Hotel
Healesville Apartments
Healesville Apartments
#5 of 16 in Healesville
Yering Gorge Cottages

Been to Outlook Hill Vineyard & Cottages? Share your experiences!