My partner and I went on a roadtrip last October through the great Ocean road to Adelaide. To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with Adelaide, but on the way back we got lucky....we hit the Grampains! I have to say it was a pleasant surprise....we didn't know where we were going to stay, and we called the lodge last minute. The owner John, answered and he luckily had 1 room left with a view of the Valley. When we got there, we were very pleasantly surprised. We paid $90/night to stay in this beautiful lodge (motel), with 2 clean beds, exposed brick walls, and very eco-friendly facilities......
When we arrived at 8 PM, we approached the back door, only to find the most beautiful scenerie.....40 Kangarros munching on grass, Kockatoos flying above and the sounds of the Kookaburra bird (sounds like a laughing monkey), and a view of the Grampians. The motel had the best location and was very close (2 minute walk) from all the facilities and restaurants. John was extremely friendly and the service was superb. If this is your budget, I would highly recommend it to anyone. We stayed for 2 nights and it was by far the best part of our road-trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 14 Units centrally located in Halls Gap. Off the main road in a quiet location. An easy walk to shops, cafes and restaurants. Spectacular views of the surrounding Grampians National Park. Wildlife at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Kookaburra Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kookaburra Hotel Halls Gap
- Kookaburra Motel Halls Gap
- Kookaburra Motor Lodge Halls Gap, Grampians