“Short break to Halls Gap on the motorbike”

The Grampians Motel & The Views Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Halls Gap
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We chose the Motel based on previous reviews and are pleased to say we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place to any other motorcycle travellers who are looking for Motel style accommodation. The real plus of this Motel is its accompanying restaurant "The Views" which as it says has some great views of the mountains and lower paddocks where the Roos and Emu's bound around,they are very often knocking on the widow for some tucker !
Jeff & Chrissy and their staff are fine hosts with a great sense of humour,and their new found Cook 'Mario' from Italy, produced some excellent meals worthy of any fine dining establishment in Melbourne.To find this combination in Halls Gap was surprising. Please also try the Zoo and Cultural Centre as they are all worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Don't answer the phone if you don't want to take the call in the morning!
Okay so i called 7:01am New Years morning to check details before booking - website states reception opened at 7:30am no reference to Public Holidays and so I assumed it would probably go through to an answering machine however to my surprise the phone was answered and in a lovely manner until I started making my enquiry. The woman I spoke with completely changed her manner with an extremely RUDE response questioning me if I knew what time it was and asked me where I was calling from (Echuca at the time as we were traveling around Victoria - originally from Melbourne). I apologised and stated I will call back at a later period but it left such a bad taste no way will I be calling back!. SO DISAPPOINTING as we were looking forward to booking considering the wonderful reviews and experiences people have listed.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO

2  Thank StarRiver
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This motel has it all, top notch service, great location, big comfy rooms, a view to die for in every direction you look, a great swimming pool and roaming kangaroos.

Chris and Jeff are such great genuine people that really care about their guests, they even loaned me a paid of shoes for hiking when I realised that I forgot mine. (Thank goodness as we walked for over 4 hours)

We ate at the restaurant every day and the food was very good and well priced.

We were very happy with our stay and will definitely be back next year!

Cheers, Linda and Adam

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe room, it was quite spacious, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

love the view, love the room, love the activity, love BBQ. Whenever I go to grampians again, I will choose this for sure.
love the view, love the room, love the activity, love BBQ. Whenever I go to grampians again, I will choose this for sure!!!
!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We spent 6 days in the Grampians and stayed at this fantastic motel for three nights. A beautiful location with clean comfortable rooms. We stayed in the deluxe rooms. The Views restaurant was superb and affordably priced. The hosts and waiter were exceptionally friendly and enjoyed interacting with all the guests, making our stay especially memorable. Wildlife and view to die for at this location and surrounds. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Wonderful stay! Only there for 1 night, but would have loved to stay and relax there for 1 night more. When we drove up, we were delighted to see wild kangaroos on the lawn.
A wonderful woman greeted us as if we were long, lost friends! We knew the kitchen was closing in about 15 minutes, but she cheerfully told us to relax, put our things in our room and return.
The service, food and wine at dinner were wonderful. The TIRAMASU by the Italian chef was the BEST I'VE EVER HAD!!! And the added bonus was that one of the kangaroos came right up to the dining room windows and in her pouch was a little joey that we could all see.
Room & beds were clean & comfortable. Would stay there again. Lovely!!

1  Thank ElizabethVictoria
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location! Lots of kangaroos running around and they had a bonfire the night we were there. Rooms were outdated as was the bathroom.
However the beds had electric blankets which was a big plus, rooms were also very large. overall great stay

• Stayed: November 2013