“Always a pleasure”

Ginseng
Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Frankston
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern Asian Cuisine.
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants. Service is amazing, Staff are very friendly and the food is beautifully presented and tasty.
Sometimes very noisy and is always booked out on Saturday nights so book ahead.
Well worth the visit. You'll be returning :)

“Takeaway is better”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a group dinner at Ginseng tonight. Must admit that the takeaway meals we have are far better! Of our group of 10, 6 had a banquet which was extra salty and nothing to write home about Spring rolls were more batter than anything, chicken and sweet corn soup good, Thai basil beef was spongey and salty, chicken wtih oyster sauce was extra salty and tasteless. Must say that we have regular takeaway meals from here and order fillet steak with Cantonese sauce and lemon chicken. Cant fault those dishes but if this was our first encounter with Ginseng, it would be our last. Had a "soup nazi" waitress who tried to grab every plate before we had finished and really nothing about the service would entice us back here!

1 Thank wizzynew
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, excellent service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went to a birthday celebration at this restaurant recently, there were 20 people in our group. Since we weren't the only large group that night we had to have two tables backing onto each other but it worked quite well as you could also talk to the people sitting behind you. We probably should have booked earlier if we wanted a long table, not always possible when people don't confirm whether they'll attend or not.
This is a well organised, well run restaurant offering a huge amount of Asian dishes with gluten free options for those who need them. The service was exceptional, drinks were checked regularly and quite a feat on a busy Saturday night was to ensure that everyone at the table got their food at the same time, first one table then the next, the lady deserved a medal (we had 3 gluten frees in our very noisy party!)
I loved the food, I chose TaiChi Beef as my meal which didn't disapoint, the meat was beautifully cooked, tender and tasty, there was a huge variety of meals ordered and I didn't hear one complaint from anyone. I loved the coconut rice.
I would definitely return, I think the prices are reasonable, not particularly cheap for Chinese food but not ridiculously expensive either. The mains ranged from about $18 to $25 and there were some pretty good banquet menus starting at $32 pp.
I don't think the decor is much to write home about and the tablecloths are covered by a paper cloth so I wouldn't be choosing this restaurant for ambience but for good food it's great.

“fabulous”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A little expensive for us pensioners but fabulous food. We took 2 of our grand children over the hols for a night out.
Service outstanding and every course we had was sensational,
Definitely recommend

Southport, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great food and went there every night while I stayed close. Staff were very friendly and I highly recommend a night to sit down and have more.

Visited June 2013