“Dining at it's Eastern Best”
Review of Indian Mahal

Indian Mahal
Ranked #21 of 196 Restaurants in Frankston
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: INDIAN MAHAL, One among the best restaurant in BAXTER, Its famous for its unique taste and rich flavour tasting cuisines specializing in finest INDIAN NEPALESE cuisine. Indian Mahal welcomes you to dine with this unique experience and taste the exquisite dining for the first time, you’re guaranteed to find a real treat for the senses which restaurant you choose.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Indian Mahal is actually in Baxter, 6 kms south of Frankston. I have been a regular diner there for 6 years.
I have tried other places but always return. The Staff are helpful, the meals are authentically awesome. The prices would suit most budgets.
Once a month we, as a Church also dine there on a Sunday for their smorgasbord. All you can eat for under $15 is not to be sneezed at.
Occasionally if they have a few bookings they will bring in Entertainment for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon.
Absolutely Fabulous

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Having not visited the Indian Mahal for about 8 months we where very happy to find it was still as good as ever, the staff where very friendly & helpful & the food was fresh and tasty, I like my curry hot and was not dissapointed one of the best goat curry's I have tasted, my wife is more a mild curry fan & she too enjoyed the meal she had all in all a very pleasant evening

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've been a regular diner at Indian Mahal since its' opening. Not sure about other reviews "change of ownership" as Khatri has been, and still is the owner/chef/operator. I can only conclude that his absence due to trips back to Nepal can explain this. However, I can understand the comment "to much salt", having eaten here many times I have experienced this problem on one occasion, and to tell the truth it was difficult to eat. Enquiries at the time revealed that Khatri was in fact overseas and a different cook was on, I might add that this instance was an isolated case and occured a couple of years ago.
Regardless of the above I can thoroughly recommend this restaurant, again as others have reviewed, the portions are of a good size, with flavours subtle if that's the way you like it, or more confronting (hot) if that's your medicine. The menu is a mix of Indian and Nepalese, it's interesting to experience the difference and subtlety of flavours between both sides of this menu.
Two points of recommendation, try the Sunday Lunch - always fun, especially if Khatri decides to sing and the Seafood Platter is great.
PS. my 18 month old grandaughter loves the food, don't suppose the fact that her name is Indi has anything to do with it??

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Menu states "Free* 1 Roti, 2pcs Pappadam, Salad & Chutney with every Takeaway". Twice we have had missing freebies so tonight I called to explain we did not receive a salad and the chutney (to dip our lonely pappadams in!) with our order of butter chicken and large rice. I was hoping to have them confirm their mistake and just to advise of the inconsistency. Instead I was told that the asterisk* means that you only get free what goes with your order and when I did receive all free items it was a mistake. When I asked to speak to the manager to express my frustration at this, I was told they were not there and the 7 other people that were in the shop when I picked up my order had also gone home (at 6pm). The point is when it says you receive something free, you expect to receive this... Every time! Not just what suits on the day!

We drive 20 mins to Indian Mahal and 20 mins home and have recommended to family and friends because their food has been delicious! We will now be ordering more locally, it's a shame to have lost a customer over what started as such a small issue and that the manager did not have the chance to diffuse the situation.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We visited this restaurant for the first time and were very happy. Food was great! The service was excellent and so was the price. Great atmosphere and so close to home. The only criticism, there was no music. We will definitely be coming back to this little gem.