“Quay West Falls Creek”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Falls Creek
Sydney, Australia
“Quay West Falls Creek”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fantastic place to visit outside the snow season, great appartments + loved the private spa on our balcony, very helpful staff, very good facilities within the resort. Very limited options for dinner, but the apartments have a fanatics kitchens with all your requirements

2 Thank Tim S
QuayWestFC, General Manager at QT Falls Creek, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Tim S.

First of all, please accept my apologies for not repling to you earlier. Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

Your comments pertaining to the limited dinner options during the summer months are acknowledged, and your understanding in this regard is appreciated.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed the facilities that we offer at the property, and more so that the friendliness of the team shone through. I have already passed your feedback to them. For this I thank you.

We hope that we may have the pleasure of making you feel welcome once again in the not so distant future.

Yours Sincerely

Quay West Resort and Spa Falls Creek.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Not normally one to review my holidays, after reading reviews with quite negative comments over the same dates we stayed,I feel obliged to give praise.Our family booked a one bedroom apartment and were delighted to be upgraded,(without request) to a 3 bedroom on NYE.Staff were not always "5 star standard" but unfailingly friendly and always obliging.Spa trouble was rectified within an hour,the buffet was fresh,check in & out was seamless.Add to that the scenery,walks,wildflowers,tennis.....

Room Tip: In summer the rooms in the "east tower" will have more afternoon sun on balconies to enjoy...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
QuayWestFC, General Manager at QT Falls Creek, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear PWSmitg.

Thank you for staying at Quay West Resort and Spa Falls Creek, and for posting your feedback on Tripadviser.

Your positive comments are acknowledgement of my teams determination to improve service standards across all areas of the hotel. It is feedback such as yours that acts as encouragement for the team to ensure that guest expectations are always exceeded.

My team unashameably strives to be friendly, and it is pleasing this came through during your stay. I will ensure your positive feedback is passed on to them.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of your company in the not so distant future when we look forward to making you feel welcome.

Your sincerely.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have nothing but praise for the staff, environs and rooms at this resort. My initial contact was to query a Wotif Deal, which the resort matched, then improved on. The spacious, luxurious rooms were the perfect places to recuperate after a day riding, walking and looking at the amazing scenery that is the backdrop. A splash pool, sauna, steam room, outdoor pool allowed me to interact with other guests, while the large spa on the balcony allowed me to unwind prior to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BNIS
Dear BNIS.

Thank you for posting such positive feedback. Your comments are a reflection of the drive and commitment the team has to exceeding our guest expectations.

It is positive reinforcement such as this, that will show the team their efforts are appreciated and worthwhile. For this I thank you.

It is great to read that you enjoyed only the facilities the hotel has to offer, but all the magical scenery that is Falls Creek.

We hope that you may choose to stay with us again in the not so distant future so that we may once again, make you feel welcome.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked this resort, very excited about our overnight stay in this rated 5 star resort. We booked a two b'room apartment for our family of five. On arrival we were told we had a free upgrade to a penthouse suite. Great we thought , until we opened the door of our 6th floor room, and found ourselves in a sweat house! The approx temperature of the day on Wednesday was 30. At first we thought management had simply forgotten to turn on the air conditioning,however, when we asked them how to turn it on, we were curtly informed that it was an Alpine resort ( although this is advertised as an "all seasons resort") so there of course was no air! But it is summer!! It was physically uncomfortable to be in our room!Along with the unbearable heat, came poor house keeping...food left in the fridge from previous occupant , along with dirty sheets on a broken sofa bed, no towels in the main room at all,and an unattended reception at check out ( i see others had this same experience too) What a sad shame. We could see that in the winter this place would be probably be good ( If they imrove housekeeping and service)The views were great. But sadly our lasting impression was not good. IDefinitely would avoid this place outside of the winter season.

Room Tip: Don't stay here in summer!
4 Thank R S
QuayWestFC, General Manager at QT Falls Creek, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear R S.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at Quay West Resort and Spa Falls Creek and for posting your comments on Trip Adviser.

Your comments pertaining to the lack of air conditioning are acknowledged. Please note that we have since purchased some portable fans that are able to be placed in guest rooms should this be required. We thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Your constructive feedback has identified areas of potential improvement within the operation. For this we thank you.

The issues pertaining to the quality of housekeeping and the front desk being unmanned have already been adressed with the relevant department heads for their corrective action.

We hope that you may, at some point choose to stay once again at Quay West Resort and Spa Falls Creek so that we may be able to display the true levels of service for which we have become reknown.

Your sincerely

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked a 1bedroom apartment for 31st Dec and 1st Jan, we chose Quay West because it had a hot tub. After searching for the reception, (no signs posted on the entrance) we arrived to a dark unattended reception. When we finally checked in we were told we can have a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment so we were quite happy about that. After unpacking and settling we fired up the hot tub and it overflowed onto the balcony below then just stopped working. We called for help and got the manager who said it just needs to dry out and wait an hour, we waited 2 hours with 2 visits from the manager then got told we needed to move (7:30pm) She gave us a trolley but offered no help in packing and carrying all our stuff downstairs. We got a 3 bedroom apartment across from the Falls Creek Resort Management office and absolutely no privacy from the street when using the hot tub. We also noticed that the room was not fully cleaned from the last guest, with frying pan, tea towels and dish washing liquid not present. There was still dishes in the dishwasher from the last guest. As we didn't need these items and it's hard to find staff we left it till the next day to source these items. The next day we visited the reception (unattended again) we called reception and housekeeping many times between 12:30-1:30 and could not get any staff! I even rang the manager and left a message but never got a reply, that was 8 hours ago!! We finally found the spa maintenance man who was walking past, he informed us that the previous room had always had hot tub issues and that a new one had been ordered, so we were upgraded and out into a room with a faulty hot tub! instead of moving us straight away we were told that it would probably work if we waited. The maintenance staff went off to search for any staff that could help. He returned saying that everyone was in the restaurant helping serve lunch, he managed to find a housekeeping trolley and give us some if the kitchen items we needed to make lunch, he was fantastic. We have not been offered any compensation or a simple apology from the management here and cannot wait to check out tomorrow. I would not recommend coming here especially in the summer season when the staff are non existent.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Shamara H
Dear Shamara H

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Quay West Resort Falls Creek. I am extremely disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I wish to reply as follows:

I note with interest your comments pertaining to the lack of signage for the property. I am somewhat surprised by this comment as there are 2 flags outside the property near the car park and loading bays that state "Quay West Resort and Spa Falls Creek" as well as clear signage on the front of the building which also clearly states "Quay West Resort and Spa Falls Creek".

Your feedback with regards to the dark reception are acknowledged. Like the entire property, the reception area was architectially designed in order to create an ambience that makes the property appealing. It is acknowledged the darkness of the lobby area appeals to some tastes, and not others.

When your partner checked in, he was met by our receptionist who was at the foot of the stairs, and your partner was checked without delay. I am at a loss how you are able to make the claim that the reception area was unmanned, as we have no record of you being present at the time of check in.

As you are aware, we took the liberty of upgrading you and your partner to a 2 bedroom apartment upon check in. This was done in good faith, and without any additional cost being incurred by you. It was unfortunate the hot tub did not work, however as soon as you brought this to our attention you were offered an immediate room move, which you and your partner declined at that time. It was then 3 hours later, and after 3 separate offers of a room move that you both decided to move.

It was hoped that a further upgrade, this time to a 3 bedroom apartment, that, this would be seen by you and your partner, that we were taking your issues seriously. I am surprised and disappointed this was not the case.

The comment that you made with regards to the dishes been left in the dishwasher of the second room are acknowledged. This has already been addressed with the housekeeping department and systems checked to ensure this situation does not re-occur. For this I thank you.

Further to your comments with regards to staff being available on New Years Eve. I am aware that, so concerned was The Rooms Division Manager about your demise, that she visited you and your partner in your apartment no fewer than 3 times in 3 hours. This was in an attempt to appease you both. I am at a loss how the claim can be made that staff were not available to assist you. In fact, being New Years Eve, I had additional team members rostered on.

You also claim to have phoned me. I wish to advise that I have no record of having received any message from you. Additionally, I have no record of anybody requesting my mobile phone number on that day. Please rest assured, that if I had received a call, I certainly would have made a return phone call.

At Accor Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that I have taken the appropriate measures to address the hot tub issue in order to prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at our hotel.

Your sincerely
tweed heads
Reviewed December 31, 2012

After doing my homework on accomodation at falls creek, I ended up with the " Quay West".We were a group of 5 adults & a 10 yr old. The location was a big factor for the resort as it is smack bang in the middle of everything, and having a supermarket,ski hire,restaurant,pubs,bus shuttle & ski lifts right outside your door helped too! We were upgraded ( in peak skiing season) to a 3 brm,2 bth, plus heated spa on our balcony apartment. It was fabulous! The apartment was cleaned " every" day, with new towels (amazing how many you use!) and staff were always helpful. Checking in went like a breeze, as I had pre-booked beforehand, thanks to their lovely receptionist, Michelle. We stayed in the Tower that had the restaurant/breakfast and reception in, as the other Tower required a walk over snow to get to them. Visit the indoor pool,stem room and spa- it's small but usually not busy. Breakfast was included in the deal and it was more than enough ( buffet) to fill up empty stomachs. We hired ski gear/toboggan from in store ( reasonable) and stocked extra in our full sized fridge from the outside supermarket (abit pricey) The snow was so-so first day, then it just set in and snowed constantly throughout our stay ( lucky huh!) . Believe me, most Alpine Snow Places look pretty mucky when there is little to no snow falls. The constant walking in places turns it quite slushy. Get a good snow fall and ..Voila! It's so pretty, and it covers Everything. Theres nothing like taking a dip in a spa on your own balcony, while it is snowing! Only one thing i would do to Quay West, is to put in a big "kids room", the families would just flock there! To sum up our stay...AAA+. Hope your stay will be as great as ours was.

Room Tip: Try to pre-book accommodation.if you bring your car, stock up on food as it's pricey up there. B...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear boohi5.

Thank you for posting such positive feedback. Your comments are a reflection of the dedication and commitment the team have to exceeding guest expectations.

We look forward to seing you once again later on during another ski season, hopefully this year, 2013.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

These apartments are well appointed, very clean and the views are wonderful.
The staff are friendly and helpful, making your stay most enjoyable.
Studio apt was beautifully designed with flll kitchen and appliances up to date.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 255100Michele
QuayWestFC, General Manager at QT Falls Creek, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear 255100Michele

Thank you for posting such positive feedback on Trip Adviser.

My team is committed to improving the service standards across all areas of the hotel. Your feedback is recognition and acknowledgement of the teams determination to achieve excellence and to continue to exceed our guests expectations.

Your comments pertaining to the friendliness and efficency of my team are particularly pleasing and will be passed on to them. For this I thank you.

We look forward to making you feel welcome when you next return to Falls Creek.