“Fantastic Customer Service-Nice hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Morristown
Buckner, Kentucky
“Fantastic Customer Service-Nice hotel!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Thank goodness we found this hotel!! We had made the mistake of not booking something in advance (were going to stop 1/2 way into our trip for the night) and had called at least 20 places that had no vacancy before finally getting a reservation here--another Holiday Inn Express gave us the info. It was about 15-20 minutes out of the way of our travel, but worth it!! We have 2 kids 2 and under and it was pouring down rain...such a bad night turned good by the friendly help of the employees at Holiday Inn--thanks!! Breakfast, room both great-priced right--would most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nebraska
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've stayed at the hotel currently ranked #1 and Trip Advisor has it wrong - this Holiday Inn is far superior to anything else in Morristown! I say that because I was absolutely dreading returning to Morristown on business. My colleague convinced me to stay here and it completely changed my opinion of the entire city.
It is worth noting that this hotel is actually located in Morristown. The hotel currently ranked #1 for Morristown is out along the interstate and is not conveniently located near anything. So if you need to be in Morristown do yourself a huge favor and stay here. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle not having to drive or wait for delivery out by the interstate.
The front desk staff here is delightful. They provided plenty of suggestions for local restaurants and even described cuisine because they made a point to have new restaurants cater meals to the staff so they knew what they were recommending. Above and beyond customer service.
The room had soaring ceilings and comfy beds. Everything was very quiet until the housekeeping staff arrived in the morning. They left a walkie talkie on the cart outside my room that made it impossible to finish work or watch TV. And by 9am someone had tried to enter my room to clean it, twice. That woman was on it! She was good at her job though - it was very tidy.
Because the room was a bit chilly in the evening I spent an hour reading by the indoor pool which was very comfortable.

Pros:
- Don't miss the biscuits at breakfast - they're so good I had two.
- Everyone here takes pride in their work which makes for a pleasant stay.
- Location can't be beat for business in Morristown.
- This is truly the best hotel experience in this region.

Cons:
- Cleaning staff are early birds.

Overall:
- I will happily return to Morristown because this hotel made my visit exponentially better than my last trip to this region.

Room Tip: Try to get on the second floor away from the road. The staff congregated by our first floor room in...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ellabeas
Linda D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you very much for the lovely comments above! I will be sure to pass this on to my staff, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This place was wonderful. The overall facility was clean and well put together. Breakfast was great for the 4 days I was there for work. The room was cleaned everyday. The biggest thing I was most impressed about was the customer service. I left behind a leather jacket wroth over $150 after my stay. I didn't realize it was gone for about a month after I left the hotel. I called to see if by some small chance it was still there and the hotel STILL had it. I was amazed at the honesty from all of the staff members and well run facility.I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Michigan
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had a very nice stay. The gentleman at the front desk on the evening of our visit was more than friendly and informative. He was extremely kind. The room was clean. the entire establishment was quiet, clean and nicely decorated. The pool area is nice but no hot tub which was unfortunate. The breakfast was very good and the morning staff were friendly. You feel safe here and it is very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This HI Express is really nice and like new. The staff here is first class. They are all cheerful, polite and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean. My only complaints were minor. The mattress pad between the fitted sheet and the mattress was like sandpaper. Also, the workout room has equipment that wasn't functioning which was also mentioned in previous reviews. Other than those issues, all was good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property over the weekend. Staff is friendly and the hotel is clean. Internet connectivity was strong. Breakfast buffet was well stocked and the hot food was hot. Used the business center to print my boarding pass bad the computer and printer worked well. Would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed at this establishment this past weekend. Upon check in the attendant was explaining to the patrons ahead of us that they had increased the prices that weekend due to the Bristol race, however, due to lack of occupancies in the Tri-City area they put them back to their normal rate?? Seriously!?!? Room was clean, bed comfy, however, the ac never cooled the room down, it was stuffy in the room which made it uncomfortable to sleep. Also, went down to work-out room, two treadmills both of which were out of order, and a bicycle which did work.:( Breakfast was ok, would have like to have had more fresh fruit -- only bananas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Maria S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bulls Gap
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
#1 of 8 in Dandridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square? Share your experiences!