“Huge Selection of OK Food”
Review of Asuka's Buffet

Asuka's Buffet
Ranked #40 of 129 Restaurants in Morristown
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This place is all about selection. There are more items on this buffet than any buffet around. They also have a Hibachi Grill and a large selection of Sushi. However this is their shortcoming as well. Since they don't focus on any one thing they do nothing well. While all the food is eatable there is nothing that is excellent and several thing are kinda tasteless. If you are looking for a better Buffet in Morristown try the Golden Dragon on W.A.J. The thing that bothers me most here is the fishy smell that seems to be slightly masked with some sort of cleaner. Kinda makes me think of old fish soaked in bleach.

1  Thank 4seasons77

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We use to love this place the food was always hot and fresh.This time stuff was barely warm and the cheese sticks breading wasnt cooked but cheese was melted Id guess microwave cooked.Hopefully the health dept will get there and check the food temps on the buffet.

5  Thank Roadsofa
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ventured here on 7/14/2013. We debated the prospect, considering our last visit to this place was not good. I wish we had went somewhere else.
As my better half would say" What the heck is this in my plate?!?!?!" Most of the "food" on the buffet was indistinguishable from what it was supposed to be. They couldn't even get GENERAL TSO's Chicken right, and that's B A D for an Oriental restaurant. What food we did get was over-cooked, over salted, tasted funny and was just plain bad. I looked at the "sushi" but decided against it.(GOOD MOVE ON MY PART) The waitress came ONCE for drinks and that was it.....no getting dirty dishes off the table, no can I get you anything?, no nothing....except the check, of course.
All of this was on SUNDAY, the day you put out your best....right????? The only edible food I tasted that was O.K. was the Italian sausage. Go figure.....
To sum it all up : DO NOT GO HERE It is not good, the service is bad and, in my opinion, you will regret spending the $24.12. Go to McDonalds instead.

5  Thank Dee F
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Been there about 3-4 times. First time service and food was great went down hill after since 2nd visit. Had to ask for refills servers no on top of their job. People at the cash register ALWAYS on their electronics not too concerned about customers. After last visit will NEVER return. Found a hair in my dessert that came from the bottom of the dish pan told servers about it they just took dish that had the hair in it and ask if I wanted to get another plate!! Told lady at the register she swore up and down they didnt make dessert there it was ordered which is a total crock of b.s. and they never changed dessert out they left it on the bar for people to continue to eat out of it. WILL NEVER RETURN!!!!!!

5  Thank BabyTDL23
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our first visit to Asuka's Buffet - rude staff - food was oily, cold and unappealing. They had sushi that looked like it had been on display for many many days - very unappealing. The hot food was very dark looking and dripping in oil and in some cases overcooked to almost the point of burnt. The cold food, salad and fruits - was good. We did not try the dessert area - but it looked okay. The drinks were way over priced - almost $2 a drink - very high for this area = even with free refills. the price for a lunch buffet would have been good had it not been for the greasy and unappealing looking food. Will not return! Many other Chinese buffets that are worth the visit over this place ;(

6  Thank DeborahMisfit