Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel
Parkway Inn(Morristown)
$50
$49
$54
All reviewscracker barrelbest westernswafflesbiscuits and gravygreat breakfastnice pool areahot breakfasta pet friendly hotelhotel breakfastroad tripright next doorseveral times a yeara great place to stayvery nice hotelroom was cleanstaff was very friendlyhorse show
Reviewed June 20, 2013

When there was a booking mistake at another local hotel(not that hotel's fault). They referred me to this hotel. I was very pleased. The room was clean. They had a nice flat screen which allowed me to use my Netflix from my iPad. There was a sofa and coffee table. Great to relax. There were several nice outdoor areas. Staff was friendly.

Stayed: June 2013
Landree B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Stewart S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We're so pleased you were able to relax and watch movies on the flat screen in your guest room. Our staff works very hard to ensure that each guest has a wonderful stay and it's nice to be recognized for those efforts. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We rented two rooms from hot wire for our large family. The rooms were handicap friendly, although not necessary for us. Both rooms were meticulously clean everywhere. The showers fabulous, and the beds comfortable. The linens smelled fresh. The pools were also nice and clean. The kids loved them; perfect for our children ages 3-13. The staff was very prompt and friendly. The hotel was so quiet we thought we were the only guests until we arrived the the free, hot breakfast. Which was delicious and kept full. We'd definitely recommend this hotel. It's much more than I'd expect from a Best Western

• Stayed: June 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Landree B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Mmm00n,

Thank you so much for your review! We are simply flattered! I am so happy to hear that your experience here with us was so enjoyable. Our staff works very hard to satisfy each guest. I will be sure to share your review with them. I'm sure they will be so appreciative of your kind words! We do hope you'll stop by and see us again sometime!

Best regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I thought I'd be staying in a motel. It was better than that. I had a large, quiet room. I was a little put off by the dead gnats in the air conditioning vent, but overall it was very clean. The bed was fine, but the pillows were hard and lumpy.Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was also a nice surprise. There were hot options, including sausage. The gym was very small. Only one treadmill and no elliptical, only a stair stepper. They need to trade that in. The pool looked so inviting! I wish I brought my swimsuit. There is very little nearby here. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door and that's all I needed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank oversold_plus_2

Dear oversold_plus_2,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know your experience while staying at our hotel. I am so happy that our staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. Please allow me to apologize for the air conditioning vent. We have made sure to keep a check on those. Again, I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a great stay here in Morristown, BW. The staff was great, room was nice, clean and quiet. I had reserved the room in advance, got here a little early and was still allowed to check in. That was rare but totally appreciated! No complaints here! Highly Recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Landree B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate your kind words. I am pleased that our staff was able to get you into a room without any wait. We hope you'll stop in and see us again on your next trip through Morristown! Thanks again!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Reading the reviews I had to double-check that I stayed at the right hotel, because this place isn't all that great. We saw the online rate and walked in to get a room, quoting the online rate of $90. The staff told us that rate was not available and quoted us $120. So I went to the parking lot and reserved the room on my smart phone for $90 - walked back in and was ignored by the staff while they processed the online reservation. So frustrating! I want to support the business and not the large online retailer but the staff literally told me "no" when asked to match the rate and undersold themselves.

The room itself was average. The TV is oriented in front of one bed so it is uncomfortable to watch if there are two people sharing a room. There are plenty of dead bugs around the sliding door but the deck was a nice surprise. I was disappointed in the morning while trying to drink coffee and watch the sunrise (so pretty!) I was overwhelmed by cigarette smoke. The construction crew that is working on the new exit ramps by this hotel are all staying here. Their morning cigarette habit has turned the back parking lot into a huge ashtray. Cigarette butts everywhere.

The stairwells smell of chemicals similar to mothballs. This was a disappointment because the bike in the fitness room was a joke and the pools were closed. So while my husband hit the treadmill (decent and in front of a huge TV) I tried to do stairs for about 30 seconds before the smell overwhelmed me and I did yoga in the room. Side note: there are no fitness facilities in Morristown for those training for a major distance. The one place I called had a $15 day pass and was a glorified Curves.

The location works if you are desperate for a place to stay and are on the road. Otherwise this hotel is not conveniently located if you have business in Morristown. We made the rookie mistake of staying here thinking it was in Morristown. Our colleagues stayed in a town just west on the interstate for a much cheaper rate with better restaurant options and were actually closer to the industrial area of Morristown. So if you are going to Morristown for business, double-check your site before booking a hotel. Your closest option might be in a neighboring town.

Pros:
- Can't beat a Smokey Mountain sunrise and these rooms have a small deck to enjoy it from
- Spacious rooms with neutral smell

Cons:
- At no time did the staff seem welcoming and their lack of initiative on the rate was frustrating
- Slow drain and dirty shower curtain
- Very loud. With the interstate, construction, and window AC unit it would have been quieter to sleep in my car.

Overall:
- If you are stopping at this exit to rest while you are on the road, go for one of the budget options. Better yet, keep driving.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Landree B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize to you for your experience. The items you outlined in your review are not typical of our hotel, nor are they acceptable. We will be using the feedback received to create a better experience for all guests. We hope you'll come back and give us the opportunity to provide you with the superior experience you deserve.