“Hotel of Choice In Morristown”

Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Morristown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hotel of Choice In Morristown”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stay here about 3-4 nights/month and I really like the place. Most of my stays are absolutely painless, and are a great value. Front desk staff (there's usually a younger lady or a younger guy) usually get me checked-in in less than 60 seconds, and already have my room key and paperwork prepared when I arrive. I just sign a sheet and swipe my card and I'm done. The rooms are large and well appointed (usually with a fridge and microwave - including free popcorn, which I've just now discovered), and the place is well maintained. The bathrooms could be a bit bigger, but its not an issue worth harping over. Breakfast is usually pretty good, and you can't complain about a free hot breakfast (and hot breakfast does not mean do-it-yourself waffles, like every other chain boasts about). It's always a pleasant stay. The business center is also very efficient, and the front desk staff is always pleasant and respectful. The fitness center is very small, but I'm a huge fan of it. Mostly because there are free weights, and there's never a lot of people staying here that use it. Most travelers are elderly, families, or groups. I've used that room probably 30 times and never seen someone else in there. Although the elliptical is now broken - so someone's been there (it would be great if this got fixed!).

My only gripes, if you could call them that, would be that the business center doesn't print in color (although the manager did help me out once when I needed a color print job for a presentation). Also, during my last stay they lost my reservation. I called in my reservation around 3PM and gave all of my info and said I'd arrive in a few hours - no problem (although I was put on hold a few times during the call). When I arrived there was an older lady working the desk that I had not seen before, perhaps she's new. Well, she couldn't find my reservation, and spent the better part of 10 minutes asking me redundant questions to have me confirm my info and even going as far as to ask me if I was sure I was at the right hotel. I could tell the other desk clerk was feeling my frustration and was also getting impatient, and she tried to help. The lady eventually threw her arms up and said "well no im sorry it's not in the system, maybe we'll just wait to see if it comes through." I was nearing my breaking point after working and driving since 4AM, and said that regardless of the reservation, I need a darn room. It took another 5-10 minutes to re-tell her all of my information and get my room keys. Little things like that can annoy you when you're exhausted after a long day of travel. I hope she/the hotel is better prepared next time. Regardless of how the lady handled it, the hotel still misplaced my reservation.

That was one incredibly minor incident in a laundry list of positive experiences with this particular hotel. Great value, very comfortable, great for the business traveler. I enjoy staying here and will continue to do so when I have work in the Morristown area. 9 1/2 out of 10 stars.

Room Tip: Book online through best western's website or through priceline - $70 morristown
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shaunbsc
MORPC, Assistant Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We value our many TripAdvisor reviews and from them frequenlty learn of areas in which we may need to improve. We certainly appreciate your continued business and the many favorable comments included in your review. We have taken your suggestions to heart and today replaced our damaged elliptical with a new, commercial stepper. On your next trip our way please try it out and let us know what you think. We look forward to seeing you again.

Darrell Short
Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Alexandria VA
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here March 1 - March 4 2012 in room 112. Was $20 per night for pets. Was a nice hotel. Enjoyed it very much. Definitely a notch above regular hotels. Breakfast included was very nice. Cracker Barrel next door was good. Didn't think much of the Hardees across the street as service was slow. Parking was convenient to the room. Definitely will stay here again for the BMX National in Morristown.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 112. I liked it. Was downstairs by parking on the side of the bldg.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Landree B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate the kind words and strive to make every guest feel at home. We certainly enjoy having the BMX National group with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Williamsburg, Va
Reviewed June 27, 2012

As a motorcycle group of 7, we stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip (2 weeks in between stays). The hotel was clean and great service. Breakfast was decent and there is a Cracker Barrel right next door for dinner. I had a room on both the parking lot side and highway side and both were acceptable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We appreciate your TripAdvisor review for our hotel. The summer months do bring a lot of motorcycle enthusiasts our way and they are some of our best guests. Soon we will have a new motorcycle wash station in place. Please come back and stay with us again and let us know what you think.

Darrell Short
Assistant Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Although this hotel is renovated and not the most luxurious, they went above and beyond during our visit. All of the front desk staff were attentive and kind, and the manager made sure we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and when they put us close to the smoking area & we complained, they moved us without hesitation. Definitely would stay here again and recommend it to travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that the front desk staff was attentive to your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope you'll come back and be with us again soon. Thanks again!
oceanside
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel was decent for the price, but it is definitely an old hotel and it smells like one too. If you are passing by then I would recommend this hotel but not for any longer than a day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. Indeed, our hotel has been proudly welcoming guests for some time now. Our entire staff works very hard to ensure guests' feel at home when they stay with us. We hope you'll visit us again soon.
Oakland
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great king bed, very comfortable and decent breakfast. Room was well appointed and hotel is walking distance to Cracker Barrel. Other restaurants are 6-10 miles away.

Room Tip: All good, place was quiet and laid out well. Interior corridors and nice pool area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm pleased you found our hotel comfortable and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We hope you'll visit us again soon, hopefully on your next trip through Morristown.
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful four poster king size bed! Extremely clean room! Bathroom was spotless & loved the Bath & Bodyworks toiletries! Bed was comfortable & breakfast was sufficient- good coffee! We will definately stop here again!

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed the plush four poster king bed and upgraded Bath and Body Works bath amenities. Our staff works hard to please each guest and they will be glad to see your review. Please come see us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square
#1 of 8 in Dandridge
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#7 of 12 in Morristown

Been to Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel? Share your experiences!