“Gift voucher”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Scawton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 13th Century Inn, 21st Century Restaurant, The Hare is tucked away in the very south of the Moors. We offer Tasting menus, each dish is individually designed to showcase our team's ability, local produce at its finest and to incorporate different cooking techniques including both modern and traditional methods. Our personalities are reflected on each individual plate.
Reviewed August 18, 2017

My wife and I were given a gift voucher recently. When booking our Friday evening meal, I failed to inform the staff that I was vegetarian until the afternoon before our reservation. Despite it being a set taster menu that evening, the staff did everything they could to cater for my needs. The food was absolutely stunning (better in quality than a few Michelin Star restaurants I might add...). The staff were very attentive, engaging and friendly and the atmosphere of the place was extremely relaxing. Thanks again to the staff and chef who were able to make us feel very welcome. I have recommended the restaurant to all our friends and I hope it won't be long before we work our way back to Scawton!

1  Thank DriffEater

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Visited for a joint birthday celebration with friends. The staff were excellent ,friendly and informative..They explained the dishes and wine selections in uncomplicated terms.
We had the 6 course taster menu with wine and could not fault any of the food or wine selections. All the courses were tasty and a picture on a plate,with a bit of theatre.
Excellent!!

1  Thank RCSB
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Bit out of the way, but well worth the trip for blow-out meal. Tasting menu highlights include dexter beef with salty bits, stone bass and lamb (two ways). Very welcoming and knowledgable staff, excellent wine. For us, the food and overall experience knocked the socks off a certain well regarded place in Leeds involving a man and a curtain.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed August 11, 2017

The best dining experience we have ever had.

Warm and welcoming, completely unpretentious and world class food served by smiley and knowledgeable Liz and Roxanne. Every dish on the nine course tasting menu was special in terms of taste, texture and presentation. The wine pairings added to the delights.
Huge thanks to Paul and Patrick in the kitchen

An incredibly enjoyable evening - can't wait to return.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

I've reviewed this restaurant before so won't say much now other than that it is superb. Absolutely fantastic. This is fine dining at its best! Thank you.