“VERY ORDINARY SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Arthur Hotel

Arthur Hotel
Reserve with
Arthur Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 37 Restaurants in Dromana
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“VERY ORDINARY SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Called in with a group of 10 or 11 car club members out on a drive on Queens Birthday. Got there around 11.30 and were shown to a table. I had been there once before (with another car club)and was unimpressed with how long the tables received their orders (like 40 minutes from ordering) Anyway thought it may have changed so give them another go.

All good until time to pay the bill, we stood in line with our various amounts of money to pay for our coffee or teas. The couple in front of us trying to pay by credit card which obviously was not working. We stood in line for 5 minutes or a tad more waiting...waiting...waiting.. just to pay some money. In the end the chap with the problem credit card offered to pay cash.

"No No" said the lady behind the jump, I will keep trying, which she did for another 3 or four minutes.

FINALLY....she took the cash. My turn ...I said what table we were on and said I will pay for a cappuccino thanks, She then had the account in her hand looked at me as though I had two heads and said sorry no split bills.

WHY NOT???? She has the bill surely she can cross off each beverage as it was paid for...

RESULT. 10 people fiddling around trying to work out who pays for what who gets change etc etc and this took another 4 or 5 minutes, with other people now waiting.

So it's ok for us to wait way more then 5 minutes with the problem credit card, and then a schomozle while we all tried to work out the correct money. Thats what a till/cash register is for I would have thought.

I hate this "No bill splitting" stuff. Why would you do that?????

Anyway result is next drive we do down the peninsula we will still visit Arthurs Seat, but have our coffees and cake down with the shops on the beach.

Twice bitten there now so the two car clubs I help organise runs for will not be back

• Visited June 2013

“The view is nice but...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place has a great view but it all stops there.

the staff were rude. we wanted a table for 6 but had to wait for them to clear a table for 4. it took 10 mins to get seated.

The food was may overpriced abd not at all cooked well. The.pork belly was awful as was the beef. Such tuny serves. We ended up at a pizza place afterwards to quell the hunger.

The food was terrible. The staff were.rude and the place needs a good clean.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Aykay74
“The BEST view - enjoy a drink and the beautiful views!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stopped in here after our visit to the Enchanted Maze garden. Arthur's hotel is just around the corner and we were hungry so we walked in to see about eating lunch. The views are amazing across the entire dining room. That sold us and we sat down for lunch. The food was really so terrible. Burnt garlic toast, ok chicken nuggets and fish.n.chips for the kids, charred BBQ ribs (not edible and we had to send them back). Overall - the views are spectacular!!! Come for a beer, wine, tea or coffee. But just don't order any food and waste your money on that. It's a shame they don't have better quality food or a better chef, as this place has such high potential, given the location and views.

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Views”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for lunch in the first week of January. The carpet smelt a little musty...the food and views were great though! A little expensive for the food, but you could tell that quality ingredients were used.
The family at the table next to us were playing a horrible quality version of Gangnam style from a phone, but aside from this, it was a lovely lunch.
The staff were helpful and attentive.

Visited January 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stopped for a quick snack, on a weekday. The interior is terrible, and there were works outside going on, therefore a little noisy. To add to it, the menu was pricey and no snacks available, only meals. Therefore we opted for a coffee and I had a cup of tea. The quality of the tea was awful.

I learnt that new owners had just taken over. They seriously need to revamp the interior, offer snacks and reduce prices on their menu to win customers back.

• Visited July 2012