“Cheap, cheerful and Tasty”
Review of Peninsula Club

Peninsula Club
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Dromana
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Peninsula Club caters for everyone who lives, works or plays on the Mornington Peninsula. Open 7 days a week, the Club has a great menu & a diverse selection of Peninsula wines. The Peninsula Club boasts an expanded TAB, two bars, outdoor decks, weekly raffles, Winery of the Month specials & great member discounts.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We found this snug little club behind the shopping strip at Dromana. It is also an RSL sub-branch. The food is simple, well cooked and full of flavour.

We chose old fashioned meals- Lamb's Fry and Bacon; and Mushroom Crepe. Neither could not faulted, and the plates were quickly empty. The crepe was full of tender mushrooms; and the lamb's fry was really tender. Wine available by the glass - good selection; and the waitress was lovely.

At the main bar, the barman was very friendly and also helpful with wine selection. We were left to wonder - if they can do it so well, why do so many others fail so miserably? Top marks, Peninsula Club

1  Thank Mariner2

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We visited on our way to the Dromana Drive In. We were impressed with the reviews it had received but were surprised with the back street location. The surprise continues when we entering the club. The inside of the club is a like a small RSL or football /cricket club. The décor is very basic and unpretentious. That said we were warmly greeted by the staff and well attended through the evening. I had the chicken Parma which was a thick tender chicken breast. My fiancée had the seafood pasta. She was very happy with the quantity, quality and variety of seafood and the pasta was well cooked. We didn't have room for dessert. If you are looking for a place to wear you finest clothing and pay through the nose I would go somewhere else. If you just want a low fuss quality meal it would be hard to pass up. The experience may be different on a busy night. While we were there only about 6 tables still in use (we arrived late). The wait staff advised the night before they had been swamped with over a hundred covers so you may have been waiting quite some time for your parma.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We called in here on last Saturday for lunch and were really surprised with the service and quality of the food. My husband had fish and I had oven baked chicken. Both of these meals were lovely and could not fault them at all. We will back for sure. The place is lovely and quiet, just what you want for a Saturday afternoon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Let me tell you that the food and service was fantastic. The selection, quality and quantity was terrific. There was 4 adults and 6 kids and we all had a great time. I really need to emphsise how great the service was. The staff were very helpfull and efficient. Our kids were made to feel very welcome and the staff were very patient with them. The food came out quickly and served all together.
We were so impressed that we cancelled a booking we had at the Portsea Pub and decided to go back for seconds with some other friends 3 days later and again had a great time.
I would highly recommend the Penisula Club and i look forward to going again!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Four flathead fish n chips plates...nice salad, average chips, and the fish wasn't terrible, but a stronger, more "fishy" taste than I like.

Ordered bruschetta for my daughter, and specifically asked if it had cheese because she's allergic to dairy. The menu description didn't indicate cheese, but I still always ask. I was assured there was no dairy by the girl who took my order at the counter. The bruschetta arrived with parm cheese on the side, but the bread was clearly garlic (buttered!) toast. When I asked the waitress (the same one who took my order) about it she checked with the kitchen, and told us that it was in fact butter and there was no other option. I explained that my daughter couldn't eat it, and she just stared at me. My daughter threw a fit, tears, etc, and the waitress just stood there. My daughter's behavior wasn't appropriate, and we dealt with it, but we should have been compensated for food she couldn't eat...especially since I asked ahead of time.

It's a club, and we're not members so maybe that just equals bad service. Maybe it's just one incompetent waitress. Either way, we won't go back, and I'd never recommend it.

2  Thank nikkineat