“Yum. Yum. Excellent BBQ.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Prater's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Morrison
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yum. Yum. Excellent BBQ.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We had the combination plate with ribs, wings and brisket. The ribs and wings were our favorite. We had the homemade potato salad and beans they were excellent also. Two of us shared a plate and were very pleased with the portions. We highly recommend this place and would go there again.

• Visited September 2013

Mundelein, Illinois
“Would not win any competitions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I come here several times a year for lunch on business. It is full of locals and lets you see a good slice of culture, but I have never been blown away by the food. I have had BBQ nachos (interesting idea), BBQ plate, chicken tender plate, pie, etc but never had their ribs.
I have been to BBQ competitions and this food would not even be eligible. Pulled pork is just ok, not smoked or anything. I am not sure if they smoke anything - maybe their ribs only. I was amazed at how boring the sauces were. That is what makes BBQ fun, and they only have one hot sauce and one bland BBQ sauce! Try harder!!

Atmosphere is pretty gross. Looks like they built it on a long weekend. Few windows, feels like a glorified shed or garage (seriously). Looks like it has not been thoroughly cleaned in years. Of course how CAN you clean plywood floors!

They do have a bunch of other items on the menu I have never had. Maybe I just picked the worse ones, but it is not likely.

Service has always been friendly and walks your meal out to you if it takes a while to prepare. I like the people.

Praters, try harder and you would be a nice place to visit. But as is, I am not looking forward to going back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nottingham, Pennsylvania
“Best barbecue I've ever eaten!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were visiting our son in Manchester,Tn. He treated us to dinner at Praters. The food was fantastic! I have never tasted barbecue that good ever! Meat just fell right off the bone! Real nice country eating!!

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

A little place with great food. The bbq was great. Their fried pickles were probably the best I've had. A lot to choose from on the menu, makes for a tough decision. People that work there are very friendly. Don't go if you want fancy, this is a place for good food and relaxed atmosphere!

• Visited July 2013
“Enough to share!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Debated on this and another BBQ place. Glad we went here. Be advised, if you're a light eater, you will have leftovers! The night we went they were sold out if the smoked wings - which is their speciality. I got the loose BBQ plate with ranch beans and cole slaw - everything was good. BBQ had good flavor, beans a good "bite" of spice and cole slaw was creamy! Beware that inside is a bit dicy, but places like this worry more about food quality than decor - and these guys definatly nailed the food part.

• Visited July 2013