“Great place for a quick getaway”

The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Creswick
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place for a quick getaway”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A friend and I planned a last minute weekend trip to Daylesford/Hepburn Springs but many hotels in this area are booked out on weekends far in advance, or if not have inappropriate bed arrangements for non-couple duos or won't allow one night stays. Came across Grand Mercure apartments last minute and am actually glad we chose to stay here rather than in the popular accommodations closer to our intended destination, even if it meant being a bit of a drive further away.

Very clean apartments; amenities all provided. We even called the Novotel reception in the wee hours of the morning to see if room service was available even though this service is not meant to be an option for the apartments (recommended to bring your own food as kitchen facilities available). Debbie at reception was very helpful and obliging, provided we picked the food up from reception ourselves.

Only thing I would have to nitpick about is that hot water in the shower did take a while to come through (as some reviews have said) but it did eventually so just be patient!

My friend and I were very impressed by what you get at the apartments for a reasonable and relatively cheaper price than other accommodation options in the area. Only stayed one night but would definitely stay here again! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear fmyt,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay at Grand Mercure Forest Resort. We are delighted that you and your friend chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to hear that Debbie went above and beyond to assist you.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few months ago, had a great weekend away with friends. Luxurious apartments, lots to do with access to hotel amenities. Unfortunately when I checked out and got back home to Melbourne I remembered I had left a beloved coat hanging in the wardrobe in one of the bedrooms. I called the hotel the next day and they said they would email housekeeping. Called again the day after and still no more information, housekeeping had been through and hadn't found anything. The receptionist was quite helpful though, he actually sent someone to the apartment I was in there and then to look in the wardrobe, however it was no longer there. No one had checked into the apartment since I left. He told me there was slim chance of me getting it back, which was disappointing. If it was handed in and returned I would have been super impressed and happy! But now just feel a bit jaded as my expectations of others honesty and decency had not been met. I guess that may have computed my view a bit of my stay here :(

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TikiHugo83
Thorpdale
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for a three night stay - having 2 apartments next door to each other was great as we could easily use one of them for our 'socialising and chatting.' The apartments were roomy for two, but would have been small if we had 4 of us sharing an apartment, though that would be different if it was a family. I was quite stunned every day how long I had to run the hot water before I any hot water came through and I could have a shower ---- I timed it one morning and it was almost 5 minutes. That happened for each of us staying, every day! That is shocking when everyone should be thinking of saving water, I cannot believe a complex such as this has this problem. They need to address it immediately. What a waste of water! We used Creswick as our base and spent most time in and around Daylesford, Hepburn Springs, Clunes and other local areas. It was a good place to base ourselves, but needed a car to go anywhere. A meal at the American Hotel in Creswick was lovely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AccorVacationClub, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear SueVH58,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed staying at our apartments. We are aware of the, at time, slow delivery of hot water. This is due to poor water pressure in the local area. We are currently investigating ways to improve this. Again we thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creswick
RACV Goldfields Resort
Hotel Frangos
Hotel Frangos
#3 of 5 in Daylesford
Ballarat Premier Apartments

Been to The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort? Share your experiences!