“Great overnight stopover”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corryong
Corryong Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Corryong B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here recently overnight with a group of friends. Nice large rooms but parts need a makeover, in particular the bathroom and air conditioner unit. Garden area quite lovely and very reasonable cost. Friendly hosts. Would stay again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 29plymouth
There are newer reviews for Corryong Country Inn

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Arrived after a longer than expected trip from Bega to be told we had no booking and that the place was full. I booked via email and carried copies of the correspondence with us. The lady was pleasant enough but took no responsibility for the cock up. Preferring to blame "the girl". I suspect the "girl" was herself..... However to her credit she did contact the town's other motel and got us a couple of rooms.

Room Tip: Go to the other motel in town......
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Murray A
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was clearly amazed to read the recent reviews about this motel, as my first time on signing up to Trip Advisor I thought I had to give this motel the recommendation it clearly deserves. We were passing through Corryong on a Saturday night, stopping in at the Corryong Country Inn I thought we may be out of luck to get a room. Walking into reception the very pleasant and friendly receptionist said she had one room, before we said we would take it she offered us look at the room, which I thought was very considerate. It was a spa room and the kind receptionist offered it to us at cheaper price, as she couldn't offer us a standard room. Now that's service I haven't had for a long time! The room was very beautiful, clean all the amenities you could need and very quite considering the motel was fully booked. The gardens well, the lawns were tidy and the gardens were fantastic, flowers in bloom and I even had my own table and chairs to sit on out side our room. Very peaceful.
We also dined at Riley's Restaurant that is owned by the motel and just a hop step and jump from our room which is handy when you have tired legs! The service was great and very attentive, great selection of wines and other beverages. I am a vegetarian and the menu had plenty of vegetarian choices. When I asked the waiter if the chef could make me a vegetarian pie, that was on the menu but I wanted to add some other ingredients, the chef was only too happy to accommodate me. My partner had the rib-eye steak and he states "it was one of the most tender cuts of meat he has had in a long time".
I want to thank the staff at the Corryong Country Inn/Riley's Restaurant, for fantastic service and next time we plan our time up that way we will be making sure we stay more than one night!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer l
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Recently stayed here on a car club over night weekend drive. There was plenty of space to move around the room. We had a double bed and a single bed. Small hotel with about 9? rooms. Off Street parking is available. Rooms can get a little noisey as they all run off a central hall way. There is a restaurant/function room at the front of the hotel away from the rooms and we didn't here any noise from the party other than the hotel guests when they returned to there rooms and had to walk down the hall. Some rooms had spa baths. Bathroom was spascious and clean. Room seemed a little dusty but was fine for the one night we were here. Grounds were over grown with weeds. Couldn't really sit outside in the grass area as the grass was too long so we had to sit at the side near the front door on a couple of benchs in the shade/cold. would have been nice to sit out in the sun outside the rooms which faced the grounds. Could do with a little TLC. Check in/out was fast and efficient. When marking our name out of the guests register, they originally had us in a double room. i had booked a twin, so the receptionist just changed the book to show us in another room, so make sure you specify what you need when booking and maybe even call the day before to confirm. We had no problem moving to a twin but there were another 4 couples waiting behind us so if we were last we would have been stuck with a double? Overall place was fine for shower/sleep. Rather expensive $104 for twin - no breakfast. but i think this is the norm these days and you don't have alot of other choices around. Not sure about other accommodation available in the town other than the pubs/carvan park. We had tea at the local pub down the road (bottom pub?) (turn right out of the drive way). good meal. and walking distance from rooms. but take your torch.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms at the end of the hotel (if these are suitable) as they are away from the front do...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed here in late February with my parents & the Country Inn certainly looked nice from the outside, and staff were welcoming. But a number of things were disappointing. First of all, we observed the grass around the rooms was overgrown and obviously had been neglected. Once we checked into our Motel room, we found the following defects;
- worn carpet torn which also had a large tear down to the underlay spanning about 3 meters
- a section of the drapes had broken off a ring & was loosely suspended with a piece of string
- we found the power cord to the electric blanket had become frayed, and was repaired with duct tape (a serious safety risk and indicative of serious negligence by the Proprietors)
- the Air Conditioner would only switch on after 5 minutes on idle.
- the Ironing board available to guests had a cover which had completely lost it's elasticity and would not stay in place while ironing; dangerously exposing the foam underlay below
- the guest iron also didn't work properly and leaked a lot of water over my clothes.

You would think it would get better when it came to dinner, but their much hyped restaurant Riley's Restaurant was anything but memorable. Vegetarian choices were limited to one option which did not appeal, and the vegetarian "lasagne" they prepared was made with ribbon spagetti...(yes, you read that correctly) and it had too much antipasto ingredients for my palate and did not score well. My parent's barammundi was deep fried and oily, and a disappointment. Who puts barramundi in a deep frier for goodness sake??

Clearly the owners have let this once enjoyable lodging go downhill, and our stay was disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank Melbguy1
Reviewed December 7, 2009

The other reviews are correct. Yes it is just another motel, BUT it is clean, well appointed, comfortable with no problems. So if you are making Corryong your evening stop, this is the place to stay. The owners also own the Court House Hotel restaurant just down the street - be sure to ask about the discount if the motels' Riley Restaurant is not open.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I stayed in Room 1 ($95 per night) in this motel whilst attending Corryong for a wedding. It is well located, clean and (in all likelihood) the best place to stay in Corryong but let's not kid ourselves, it is your "run of the mill" motel. Everything is clean and everything works but apart from that there is nothing memorable about the room. Combination bath & shower are from the 80s. Riley's restaurant was not operating the evening we were there. Very young staff were friendly and helpful. Old style TV is connected to Pay TV (AUSTAR). Sheets in queen size bed felt a little cheap and scratchy. If you are travelling with company this is the preferred place to stay. If you are on your own, the Court House Hotel offers rooms that are $50 cheaper with slightly less creature comforts.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple