“Long hair everywhere!”
Review of Motel Maroondah

Motel Maroondah
Ranked #1 of 1 Box Hill B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The rooms were tiny and the showers were very small. The motel did not meet any basic standards, as we found long black hair in the bathroom and the rooms hat a strong smell. We only stayed for a single night, but we already had paid for 2 nights. We tried to contact the booking agency, in this case hotels.com, which was very hard to contact and of course we did not get a refund for the second night. The motel is the worst we stayed in and we had traveled for 3 month across Europe last year.It is a place you have to see to believe how bad it is and I suggest that hotels.com is not a reliable booking agency.

Room Tip: Find something else, but book early!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Duststorm200
There are newer reviews for Motel Maroondah

Reviewed March 10, 2013

my partner and I booked the closest hotel to the hospital as he was being admitted for surgery and while I wasn't expecting luxury accommodation for $105 a night I was at least expected LIGHT BULBS! there was absolutely no working light in any of the rooms and the so called 'air-conditioning' blew out hot air, which on a 35degree day made the room sickeningly hot

please DO NOT stay here! for an extra $10 we booked in at the best western tudor down the road which was miles ahead of this dump in every regard.. the manager wouldn't give us our money back for the night but you couldn't have paid me to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kdear88
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I thought I knew exactly what I was getting into when I booked and made jokes about dodgy bros motels. I booked becuase it was 5 mins away from where I needed to be for a family funeral and it had a two room appartment and they gave me a late checkout for free. I was greeted by the staff by name on arrival and Peter couldn't have been more accomodating. However, the place is very old and delapadated - probably slightly worse than I expected. The areas I could see were reasonably clean BUT the areas behind and under furniture were severly lacking a good clean. Beside the bedside table the dust bunnies were the size of real rabbits, though the linen was freshly laundered, the TV remote was missing. I probably in all honesty wouldn't book there again and couldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank aussiechick3564
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Dirty... smelly,.. high step into the room...Mould on the bathroom windows, not good for my asthma...would not recommend this to anyone, As the other reviewer said BULL DOZER IS REQUIRED. I chose this as I had a person in Box Hill Hospital and chose location,

Room Tip: Always check reviews on Tripadvisor..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank truscott28
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I booked this room for friends staying from interstate. They found a Redback spider in the bed and one in the shower. Now I know why this was one of the only rooms available on Grand Prix weekend - totally not worth it.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank RubyTuesday643
Reviewed February 28, 2012

booked this on webjet, first impressions bad...and it was downhill from there,,,,spent 10 minutes sitting on the bed,,,ugh....I use the term loosely.....I have standards...I some times lower them in 3rd world countries..........left after the 10 mins.....disgusted

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Robert B
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I had no trouble breathing and the room didn't smell musty but the motel is certainly showing both its age and a certain lack of maintenance. The rust stain from the dripping tap in the cracked plastic bathroom basin and the, um, interesting stains on the relatively new carpet tend to indicate that the owners are not as keen on upkeep as they once were. The drapes don't quite work, what I guess was a hairdryer has been cut from the wall and the wires left hanging and it's the only motel I have ever stayed in that didn't have a bedside clock.

But, having said all that, the sheets were clean and the shower and toilet work. It is close to public transport, great restaurants, two hospitals and a huge technical college. I'm told that if you book direct it is cheaper than going through one of the online booking services and that if you're in the area because of the hospitals then a further discount may apply.

Room Tip: Maroondah Highway is right out the front so a rear room may be good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
#1 of 3 in Burwood
Best Western Plus The Tudor-Box Hill
Whitehorse Apartments Hotel
City Edge Box Hill Apartment Hotel

Been to Motel Maroondah? Share your experiences!