“New management, new menu. WOW!”
Review of The Moods Cafe Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were looking for a casual lunch for a 50th and after being recommended by a friend we decided to try Moods out. OMG the quality and size of the food was awesome. I like to eat a lot, but was under an illusion to eat an entrée and main in one sitting. We noticed that other peoples faces also reflected their awe at the sizes and appearance of the food. Definitely going back for a breaky very soon. 10/10

1  Thank drukaz

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It was my first time to Moods, the wife had been several times before.
The restaurant is clean and modern and the service was quite good, I was asked how I was enjoying the food and if I needed any drinks etc, very attentive.
The food variety was good but a few more options would be good, pastries maybe? The quality of the food was pretty good, the eggs were still soft and cooked perfectly despite being kept in a warmer for a period of time. Although the pancake I had was a bit old and tough.
Overall a good morning out, with good food.

1  Thank GREGdMelbourne
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Friends and I chose Moods for a lunch catch-up on a Saturday, lucky we weren't in a rush as we waited 20 minutes before our order was taken then another 55 minutes for our salad, calamari and cold chips. Yes it was busy, great for business but not if customers don't return due to lack service. That said the staff were doing their best but appeared flustered so maybe additional staff would have made the difference. The food was nothing special... Cold chips, tough calamari.... Finished off with a luke warm latte. We would possibly give this venue one more chance to redeem itself but would defiantly choose a quieter time/day. I have heard better reviews from friends so I'm happy to give it one more go.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went there of a family dinner. Food was good value for money and excellent but it was difficult to get a drink. Having arrived at 7pm on Saturday night the place was packed but there were not enough staff to cope with the amount of people. It was difficult to get the staff's attention to order a drink and then it took ages for the drinks to be delivered to the table even though we could see them sitting on the counter waiting for someone to bring them over.

You serve good food at a reasonable price but you need more staff to cover the busy times. I don't need to tell you how much of the profit in a restaurant comes from drinks and we would have probably had twice as many drinks if we were given the opportunity to order them. Your loss...

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Moods is a great cafe for light lunch or breakfast rather than a restaurant for dinner. A substantial menu that would suit most appetites and tastes and if you have additional meal needs eg: vegan (like me) or fancy something that tweaks the menu, the staff & chef will do their best to meets your needs. Good size serves for reasonable cost. The outside space is limited and could do with some sprucing up as could the inside restaurant area but if you're looking for a god meal with friends yu will get this at Moods.