“Amazing Food & Service!”

Jade Valley Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 38 Restaurants in Belgrave
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for nearly 15 years & we still love it! Wonderful owners & amazing food. Great prices & good variety.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

These people used to have a restaurant in St Kilda. The food is outstanding and we always get our take out from here :)

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Unfortunately, as the title suggests, it doesn't appear to matter what you order or how you want it cooked, you'll get whatever they interperet your order to be. (That applies to take away as well). As a vegen, if I order no meat, thats what I expect. When the meal arrived with beef I asked that it be replaced with the vegetarian choice as ordered. This was refused and I was told I hadn't ordered vegetarian. we discussed this back & forth and finally a meat free option arrived. When we left, the bill had included the original beef meal. The staff refused to remove the cost of this meal saying we had ordered it and they were not going to loose the cost of the food. Needless to say we paid for what we HAD ordered, left the money on the counter and left. The food was ok but the service awful!

1  Thank Partlyblonde
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

this is a restaurant that would be better Dorset take away than eat in.
the food was good with very reasonable prices.
choice of Chinese or Thai.
the restaurant needs a refurbish. Air conditioning was really effective on a hot day. family business.
I wouldn't eat here again but I would do take away.

1  Thank aus_gregg
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Last night I bought the take away lemon duck for an inflated price of nearly $18 for a very small serve. When I opened it up at home, it was obviously not fresh and looked like reheated leftovers.
We attempted to eat it but the meat was overcooked, dry and very little of it.
I decided to return it today, explaining my reasons for the return.
I was then shouted down by the owner and sent packing with no offer of compensation of any kind. She suggested that it looked so dry because I had put in in the microwave and dried it out!!!
I am a local and will not be returning and will also be telling as many people as I can that there are much better chinese restaurants in our area that they should try before they get ripped off at the Jade Valley.
On a Thursday evening the restaurant was empty, the phone wasn't ringing and nobody else came in. I am not suprised.
Customer service should be a priority in these competitive times and they had none.

4  Thank Terrygee555