“Huge servings”

Puffing Billy Cafe
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Belgrave
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Chanced upon this cafe when my family with three young kids decided to take a stroll down the street to find a place for late lunch after the ride. To our pleasant surprise, the food was economical and the servings were huge!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Puffing Billy cafe provides budget service and tasty affordable food....however don't expect nothing special. Avoid the coffee but do treat yourself to the pancakes with ice cream!

Staff were pleasant and our meals were served promptly.

To the lady who complaint about not being allowed to use the toilet you need to understand a lot of places around the Dandenongs run on tank water and are not able to offer a service that the council should have provide, oh wait they did you simply didn't want to wait in the queu. City folks!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Went there today for breakfast as husband was competing in 'race the train'. Asked for a table and was treated by owner as if I was something on sole of her shoe. Food was very 'greasy caff' but coffee ok. All other wait staff pleasant enough . Their toilet was apparently out of order but I suspect they just couldn't be bothered, knowing how busy it was going to be with the race on. After the 7 of us had breakfast I explained that my 3 year old was desperate for the toilet and the queue for the public ones was huge (at least 15 people waiting), but the miserable woman (pretty sure she was the owner) still refused to let my little one use the loo. As we'd been referred there by the lovely staff at Puffing Billy train, I made sure I let them know how poor our experience was.

4  Thank Tara B
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We live in the area and had never eaten here before.
The food was good,presentation different and the staff pleasant
I can recommend the toasted chicken wrap.
Worth a visit and we will be going back

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Home style food with generous servings and friendly staff. Not fine dining and building is tired but eat breakfast here regularly and have no complaints.