“Thursday Parma's a must” 5 of 5 bubbles

Micawber Tavern
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Belgrave
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Olinda victoria
“Thursday Parma's a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We head to Micawber's regularly for Thursday $13 Parma night. The food is always fresh and tastes great. A good variety of different toppings too from Mexican to Italian. My partner loves the beer and the staff are friendly and efficient. Good night out for a cheap meal. Would recommend for couples, friends and familes.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chantelle W

Warragul, Australia
“pretty good pub meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went with large group of friends, generally received good food and service. Well attended beer garden outside. The specials were varied and interesting. Later in the day the service dropped off and staff became difficult to deal with.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Inconsistaent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have eaten here many many times over the last 5 years and i have found them very inconsistent.
Let me first say the place has a great atmosphere and the prettiest garden bar in melbourne.
I have had some great meals there and before now I have found it good enough to bring friends visiting from overseas here.
The other day we were 4 of us and funnily enough I just read the last review said the fish and chips were "out of this world...."
The 2 people in our group who ordered the fish and chips got the ones that got burnt re-entering the earths atmosphere. I cannot believe they put them on a plate and served them to paying customers.
Obviously the chef fell asleep at the deep fryer! Any way someone else sitting in the garden had a nice friendly dog and luckily he had no problems eating the fish, I just hope he is ok.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank suew69
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Micawber Tavern, Belgrave near Melbourne.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We went there with family (no children) for a birthday lunch. The atmosphere was very good and it seemed to be the nearest to an English pub I have found in or near Melbourne. There was a good selection of beers including Old Speckled Hen. As for the food, I had fish and chips which was without a doubt I have ever been served. The others had dishes which were good. I have experience in restaurants as I used to own a country hotel in England and the restaurant was in the good food guide winning awards.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne
“Good food, good service, lovely old fashioned surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had driven past Micawber Tavern so many times over the years and had just never popped in. We decided to go there for dinner on a Monday night and it was great. They had a bar menu, a tavern menu and a special Monday night menu. For $14 Disco had a parma and a beer and for my $14 I had a vegie burger and coke. Burger was lovely and there were plenty of chips! Chicken parma was cooked to perfection and very enjoyable. We had a couple more drinks and the range of beers on tap was great plus you have the choice of pot or pint. There are bands and other things on throughout the week. I would happily go there again. Plenty of parking too.

• Visited November 2012