“Great tour with a very helpful tour guide”

A Tour With A Difference
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Belgrave
Marysville, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great tour with a very helpful tour guide”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We took this tour when we were in Melbourne for just one day. Brian is a super guide! My husband was in a walking boot and he made everything work for us. He got us a cart and driver so we could enjoy the wonderful animals in Healesville Sanctuary. The Puffing Billy Train was a fun, but chilly ride. The lunch at Rochford Winery was delicious. Thank you, Brian, for giving us such a wonderful day in Melbourne!

Pine Grove, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Melbourne City and Dandenong Ranges Tour”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were on a cruise ship and booked this trip before arriving in Melbourne. Brian picked the 8 of us up at the dock. The first thing we noticed was the roof of the van was see thru which made it easy to see the high rises and sights of Melbourne. After a few minutes with Brian, it was evident that he loved the Melbourne area and was very proud to show us his little piece of Australia. After a few stops in the city, we made our way through the million dollar mansions enroute to the Dandenong Range National Park. The Dandenong Ranges are beautiful with mountain ash and lots of flowers in bloom. We stopped for lunch, which was delicious and huge. After lunch we got to feed some cockatoos and then made our way to the quaint town of Olinda. The scenery on this tour was amazing and after a great day, Brian dropped us back off at the cruise ship. Thanks Brian for an amazing and informative tour!

Visited November 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had a great day out on the GOR tour with tour guide Iain.
He was great. So enthusiastic and friendly. Full of useful of information about the local area.
Lunch was great. Massive and tasty.
Dinner a lot less substantial but OK.
The tour itself had lots of extra wee stops that made the day long but interesting.
Get plenty of sleep the day before and you will have a fantastic time :-)

Visited September 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Ocean Road - tour company A Tour with a Difference”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I selected this company because of the small numbers - max 10 and I had read a number of good reviews on here. I am now going to add to those great reviews.

I had the best time! Got great photos. Made new friends. Had great food. Felt safe.

I was picked up on time, bus/car was new, clean and roomy. James (looks like Elvis!) our driver/guide was a great storyteller, wealth of information as well as and most importantly a safe driver.
We had plenty of stops to take photos, stretch our legs and the toilet stops were at clean places. At no time did I feel we were rushed at any stop.

I was travelling by myself and felt a little anxious but I need not have worried. Once we had all been picked up, James had us introduce ourselves and where we were from. By the first stop we were all chatting and laughing - I didn't feel like the odd one out!

The tour was $130 which I thought was excellent value for money. As well as the driving, it included morning tea, fantastic lunch (the roast, in my opinion was the meal of the day) and dinner was great too. I didn't have to spend anymore money unless I wanted a souvenir.

Next time I'm in Melbourne, I'll certainly be booking one of their other tours.

3 Thank Terri A
Sentosa Island, Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Really make a difference!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked a day tour with ATWD to take the Puffing Billy and visit Healesvile Sanctuary. Our tour guide, Bryan, was friendly and very informative. The sit down meals at the restaurants provided on the trip was really delicious. He even stopped at a local produce store that sells great strawberry jams for my mom, who was keen to get some to bring back home. We would recommend this company to families who would really prefer a more cosy and personal feel on their day tours. The price difference is not that great too compared to some big companies. Overall, we would say it is value for money.

1 Thank upstairs2