“Great Open Road with Great Tour Guide”

A Tour With A Difference
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Belgrave
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Thanks to Brian and his wealth of knowledge my husband and I had a great tour with A tour with a difference (ATWOD). The tour begins a 7am and usually ends at 8pm. It can run a bit longer. We were picked up promptly at 7 at our hotel. Brian's small vehicle is how I choose this particular tour. I did not want to be packed on a bus for 12 hours with 20 or so people and have to wait at each stop for all guests to get back on the bus etc. The very comfortable Mercedes bus holds 10 I believe. The stops are well planned. Lunch and dinner very nice, good menu selection and Brian provides a morning stop for tea and biscuits which is a very nice touch. The scenic views are truly beautiful and Brian's narrative is most interesting. While touring we basically followed the same route as the other bus tours, however, the larger buses can't always get as close to the drop off area's as our smaller vehicle and with only 10 people getting on and off snapping photos etc the day really moves along. Never felt rushed and really enjoyed our meals talking with Brian and the small group of guest. Just an overall terrific tour. Our day ran a bit longer since we got off to a rather funny start which I won't mention here but to our friends from Spain...so glad you were with us....ATWOD runs many tours to different locations. Wish we had more time we would definitely booked more trip. An ocean road tour should not be missed if you are visiting Melbourne it is truly a beautiful way to spend the day. I do not advise driving on your own. The roads are narrow and very winding along cliffs etc. It can be a difficult drive especially if you want to take in the scenery. Leave the driving to ATWOD and enjoy. The only thing that could have made the trip better would have been to see kangaroo and koala's in the wild. Rain Forrest walk also much fun.

2  Thank doyle50

Reviewed July 9, 2012

What a day!!!
My partner and I recently went on the Great Ocean Road day trip with ATWAD.
This is hands down one of the best tours you will ever go on.
Dirk the host is unreal and very very informative, we learned so much about the local area and history, yet he kept things fun and was able to have a laugh with everyone.
The sights you will visit are spectacular!! from the Apostles to Bells beach and Lorne, this strip of Australia is amazing.

The food is unreal, to be honest for the price i didnt expect such good food.
the first meal was at the Apollo Bay hotel, Huge meals in a great setting!
the Dinner was at a local Port Campbell restaurant.

To be honest its hard to work out where the profit comes in this trip,
you just seem to get so much for your money.

This trip is something everyone should do.

2  Thank Biwako-bass
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Went on this tour with my family who were looking forward to it very much. Driver was James whose driving and local knowledge was great. The weather was good and the drive beautiful. Having done the trip previously some years earlier and as a student, this small intimate tour was fab.

1  Thank doctobe
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We chose to do the Great Ocean Road tour with this company as it was recommended to us by friends. We did not regret it! We had a fantastic day, James was a wonderful guide. We did not feel rushed at all even though there was so much to see in the one day. Lunch and Dinner was provided and ordered ahead so that we didn't have to wait, Lunch was fantastic! Dinner was not as impressive as lunch but was still great! Thanks James for an awesome day!

2  Thank travellingkiwi_cs
Reviewed June 6, 2012

After going through TripAdvisor for this Great Ocean Road Tour, I chose ATWAD and we enjoyed very much. It was a great experience. Our tour guide James was amazing, he was very informative and he got wealth of knowledge about Australian history. We were promptly picked up near Flinders street station. James called ahead with our lunch orders so it was ready when we arrived at the restaurant. we had a very good lunch and dinner.We thoroughly enjoyed our GOR tour and highly recommend ATWAD. You will not be disappointed.