Tripadvisor
Beechworth
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews heidi jim afternoon tea attention to detail marble bathroom cheesecake victorian room bank building beautiful pool old world charm wonderful hosts moment you arrive a wonderful stay beautiful property modern conveniences relaxing weekend breakfast was delicious the main street
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020

Freeman on Ford was a fantastic place to stay in Beechworth. The rooms were beautifully decorated with period furniture and fresh flowers. Heidi and Jim could not have been more helpful, from delicious breakfasts to lovely afternoon teas. No request or question was too much for Heidi and Jim. The pool was a lovely oasis in the late afternoon after a day in the saddle.

Room tip: All the rooms that I saw were beautiful
Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HeidiF216, Owner at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ruth, Thank you for your warm review! We were extremely impressed with your very charming family and your children were so well mannered and we admired that you were all so adventurous and had worked out a well planned trip. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you all have a great year. Sincerely, Heidi & Jim

Reviewed January 7, 2020

If you feel like a five star pampering experience then Freeman on Ford in Beechworth is the place to go! We spent one night there en route to Sydney. From the moment we walked into the beautiful and authentic entrance hall, graced with antiques and Objects d Art from a bygone we were warmly welcomed by both Jim and Heidi, we felt at ease.
Even though we arrived well after four we were offered coffee and cake, served of course in delicate chinaware. I could not take my eyes off the well preserved chez lounge, the intricately inlaid tables and the solar heated outdoor pool with its beautifully landscaped garden. We both loved the attention to detail everywhere, even down to the brass taps and light switches in the bedrooms. What a treat to have starched embroidered napkins at the breakfast table. We had the most delicious breakfast, chosen the previous evening from a large and varied menu. As we were served breakfast at the large table with the beautiful silverware and cutlery we felt a little like royalty! Both Heidi and Jim had so many interesting stories to tell about the history of the hotel and Beechworth itself. We plan to visit again and stay a little longer to luxuriate in the soothing and peaceful ambience of Freeman on Ford. A treat not to be missed. Thank you Heidi and Jim. Judy and Martin.

Date of stay: December 2019
HeidiF216, Owner at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear J & M, it is so important to get such satisfying and heartwarming reviews!! You made our day! Really appreciate cultured and delightful people to host. That is what I enjoy about our hosting....thank you for the compliments.,Very appreciated and look forward to your return. Hope you both have a wonderful 2020

Reviewed January 6, 2020

definitely my "go-to-stay" while in Beechworth!

Although it was a business trip, I decided to spoil myself and try a different option of accommodation, good decision.

My stay with Freeman on Ford was fantastic. The mattress was super comfy, breakfast (the most important meal of the day), was exactly what I needed before a long day of meetings, and a dip in the pool wasn't too bad as well.

In the evening I had to do some work in my laptop, and the lounge (quick WiFi) was quiet and welcoming.

Some say it's the people which make the experience special, and they sure do know what they talk about - Heidi and Jim is a fantastic host and really made my stay special.

Highly recommended.

Room tip: Room next to the pool, Love the direct morning view.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear G, thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure knowing business people are happy with our quick Wi Fi and our complimentary Foxtel and Netflix and our modern and very comfortable pool. Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again. xx

Reviewed January 3, 2020

I had some time and funds left over at xmas and I wanted to go somewhere special to top of the year. I had only been to freeman's in the colder months and even though they have a beautiful pool I was unsure of the summer vibe. Well wasn't I in for a lovely treat. Jim and Heidi put me up in the pool house. Lime washed floors white linen and ten steps to the pool. Divine. The air-conditioning fantastic. Jim and Heidi complement each other to from the perfect host couple. My four night five day stay exceeded my expectations.

Room tip: upstairs are the Victorian rooms. downstairs are the luxurious suites. outback is the pool house. I have stayed in them all.
Date of stay: December 2019

Hi K & K we were thrilled to see you again after 1/2 a dozen visits or so and it was great you loved the pool and hot weather this time. It was great that you were able to have a rest and hope you will have another few days here as a well deserved rest again soon. Best wishes always to a gorgeous couple xx

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary over a weekend, and the room over looked the pool, although too cold to use it was a great view.

The room was spacious and the bathroom even more, with a big bath and a double shower.

The owners were welcoming and informative too, even with a history spooky morning conversation, with deliciously made breakfast.

Would highly recommend

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple