“Exceptional Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monterey
Page, Arizona
“Exceptional Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

Since the hotel opened, I have stayed a week or more four different times. My elderly mom lives in the area which is the reason for my visits to Monterey. The rooms are spotless, beds comfy, and rooms are large with a convenient refrigerator and microwave. My favorite amenity at the hotel is the free internet. After an entire day of visiting with family, it's wonderful returning to the hotel for a little R and R for myself. The hotel offers lots of cable TV stations on their mounted-on-the-wall plasma TV. There are plenty of drawers for unpacking your stuff and love the large desk for the laptop with a lamp. The free breakfast gets me going for the day. I always request the 3rd floor which is quiet and restful. I like the back side of the hotel because it overlooks a neighborhood and I feel at home away from home. A real plus to the hotel is that the manager/owner requires his employees to keep the hotel in tip-top shape. Every visit I find the hotel looks as good as the last time I was there. The front desk employees are friendly and always have a smile. Thanks Van for always saying hi as i went in and out of the hotel many times a day. Your hotel is truly SUPER! It's probably the only hotel I go to where I feel at home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
jasper, tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

I stayed in this hotel. My family and I was treated like royalty from the time of reservation til the time of check out. My husband had worked 3rd shift and needed to get some sleep they allowed us to check in early. I had reconnected with a high school friend that lives in the area and i plan on using this hotel a lot.
I had even made reservations back in December for my anniversary. But due to the death of my father i had to cancel. The lady at the desk was sympathetic. She made it easy for me to cancel my reservation @ this terrible time.
I def plan on staying here again.
hats off to Nathan and the staff. Great work!

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stumbled upon this hotel just recently as was in route from Virginia to Texas when the huge storm hit Nashville. When I couldn't see through the rain the drive, my friend and I saw this hotel and ended up there for 2 nights till the weather cleared enough to continue our trip. The staff at this hotel were WONDERFUL! There were many people that we stranded as were we, and the staff took excellent care of everyone! I had two cats with me.... they had pet rooms. The rooms were good sized, the beds very comfy, the breakfast was good, and after being there for two days I felt like I knew everyone. Though I came upon this hotel by chance at a desperate time of needing somewhere to stay, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would most certainly stay there again if I was ever in the area! THANK YOU to the staff for everything! You made a bad weather situation much better.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

I needed a hotel to stay at while I was in town for a funeral and was told by my cousin who was at the funeral that I just had to stay here because it was great. I took his advise an called ahead, they were awesome! They took my reservation and even let me check in late, I was coming in from out of state. The place is just great, all new and shiny! The rooms are large and the hotel has all the accommodations of the large and more expensive hotel chains! We did laundry, swam in the pool and worked out in the fitness room. The staff was very friendly and helpful with local businesses and directions. They are located just off the highway and have a gas station, fast food chain just feet away, how great is that! I have since stayed there again for a wedding and brought my whole family with me, they too were very pleased. I will always use this hotel and will recommend it to others!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
super8monterey001, General Manager at Bethel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
From all the staff at Super 8 Monterey, we would like to thank this guest and for their kind words. Also, a sincerere thank you to all the previous guests who have posted their reviews on TripAdvisor. Our guests make the difference and we are very proud to have met so many wonderful people from all over the world in our first year of business. We pride ourselves on treating our guests like family in the hope that they will remember the Super 8 Monterey as their home away from home.
We hope to see this guest guest again, and all those that are reading these reviews. Thank you again to all those that call the Super 8 Monterey their hotel.
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2009

New, clean, helpful staff, great internet, adequate breakfast, wonderful BEDS, not expensive. We frequently stay in Cookeville, but drove a bit farther to stay here. We are happy we did. The only flaws we found were that people who called us could not leave a message, and that the elevator needed more careful cleaning.

We want to thank publicly the morning receptionist who found and returned my husband's wallet.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dresden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

Fabulous, best Super 8 EVER. Cleanest, newest, nicest, PERFECT! Warm caring staff, appealing lobby, the pool was hot, the hot tub was perfect. great exercise room. Fastest unrestricted internet, no games getting on or staying on. American owned to boot. The room rate was only $58.00 Located right off of exit 301 on Interstate 40 in Tennessee.

I frequently write reviews and I am very critical as I stay on the road every week. This one is the real deal, best of the best and if I am working within 30 miles of this hotel, THIS is where you'll find me. I also forgot longer, larger elegant rooms and full 6 foot wide hallways.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Hendersonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

On October 10, 2009, my family and I traveled from Hendersonville, Tennessee to Monterey, Tennessee in order to participate in the annual Standing Stone Native American Celebration downtown events. My wife is an artist and potter (Mia Pottery - [--]) and we had a pottery booth setup on the main street of Monterey during the Saturday celebration. After the festivities, my family and I went to visit with an old family friend Hoss Peters who is also the owner of Uncle Hoss’s BBQ. (The best BBQ in a 100 mile radius hands down! No joke. Be sure to stop in the next time you are in Monterey and tell him that the Lopez’s family sent you.) After an exciting day meeting and greeting people on the square, Hoss recommended the Super 8 – Monterey located at 522 East Stratton Avenue ([--]). I went over to the Super 8 and explained my situation that I was in town for the day and visiting an old family friend. I spoke with the night manager Van who immediately understood my needs and set my family and I up in a suite with two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The suite had a great layout, was very clean and had all of the amenities of home. The suite even had two 42” LCD televisions so my children did not have to fight over the remote or even what shows they wanted to watch. After a quick swim in the pool and a few minutes in the spa, we all retired to our suite where we had one of the best night’s sleep in a long time. The beds were awesome! They had four plus king size pillows on each bed and extra blankets in the suite. Usually in other hotels, we have to go to the front desk numerous times to get these. Van and the team at the Super 8 had everything in place for us when we arrived. We woke up late in the morning after a good night’s sleep and my family and I had a complimentary breakfast of waffles, bagels, pastries and cereal. There was plenty of good food and no one left hungry. The staff at the Super 8 was extremely courteous and their daily room rates were great! I would highly recommend staying at the Super 8 the next time you are in Monterey.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monterey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville
Baymont Inn & Suites Crossville
Comfort Suites Cookeville
Comfort Suites Cookeville
#6 of 18 in Cookeville

Been to Bethel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!