“Great way to get away & spend an anniversary weekend”
Review of The Garden Inn

The Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Monterey B&B and Inns
Bon Aqua, Tennessee
“Great way to get away & spend an anniversary weekend”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife & I spent our 32nd anniversary weekend at this bed & breakfast. We were very pleased & enjoyed our stay here. Scenery is fantastic (see pictures). Food was delicious while being nutritious. Owners & staff were friendly & helpful in all ways. Rooms are clean & comfortable and each one has something special about it. Would gladly come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at the inn twice now and hope to go back. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is that, as other reviewers have mentioned, the TV is tiny; also, the jacuzzi, while lovely, is just a little small for two people. Honestly, though, those are extremely small quibbles, because you know when you stay here that you're coming for the phenomenal, one-of-a-kind view. It doesn't get much better than that! The bed was super-comfortable and the entire place was very clean. We loved Mike, the proprietor. He is so friendly and helpful with recommendations. (We always eat at Mauricio's when we are in or around Cookeville and are never disappointed.) The breakfast is solid and served in an orderly fashion. I wholeheartedly recommend the Garden Inn to travelers of all sorts and can't wait to return myself!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HwaetWeGardena
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Garden Inn was the best Bed and Breakfast of the 15+ inns where we have stayed from Florida to Maine! Tastefully decorated, spotless, comfortable, quiet! Being sensitive to odors, I was thrilled with the pure clean air rather than a perfumed scent of candles. It was a joy to awaken to the aroma of coffee brewing! Breakfast tasted delicious! The keepers were wonderful! The grounds and view are spectacular!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Once again we were made to feel very much at home, comfortable and pampered by Mike and Mirtha. Mirtha even helped me scrape snow and ice off my car. The food was fine and they were very helpful in setting up the wedding reception for my niece. Thanks!
Jane Day

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Monterey, Tennessee
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to stay close to home for the New Year get away. I have lived in Monterey, TN for 40 years and had never been to Bee Rock or seen The Garden Inn now located there. Staying there was the best decision we ever made. WONDERFUL and AWESOME is all I can say. The scenic views were wonderful, even in winter! Mike, Mirtha and Staff could not have been more accommodating, friendly or helpful, they were awesome! The rooms were cozy and so clean, just perfect for any stay. The food by the chef's, they are, was unbelieveable!!! It was a perfect get away!!!!! We will be going back for the changing of the season's and the chance to do the walks and investigate Bee Rock. I can't wait to see the leaves change from the view of our own little oasis!!!! LOVED THIS PLACE!!!!!!! So glad I can say I've been there!!!!! LaWanda and Garry Wilson

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LaWanda W
nashville, tn
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My sister and I purchased them a nights stay at the Inn along with tickets to the Cumberland County Playhouse. My folks said it was the best BB they had stayed at ever! Perfect gift idea to get away and stay somewhere so nice. Doing it again this year.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsboro, Alabama
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We found the Garden Inn B&B on the internet and were instantly drawn to the rock cliff just behind the house. We had a wonderful relaxing, quiet, get away to celebrate our anniversary. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic thanks to Mirtha, Mike and staff. We highly recommend the Garden Inn B&B at Bee Rock for anyone looking for a relaxing trip away from the grind of everyday life. We plan to go back when the foliage is on the trees because the mountain scenery will no doubt be even more impressive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side offer views of mountain vistas and rock cliffs.