“Still doing a great job.”
Review of a la grecque

a la grecque
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Aireys Inlet
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The menu doesn't have any real surprises. Is that good? Is that bad? It has a long history of doing a great job. Many dishes are repeated over each year. A bit to much Salt this season however we went there twice in a month. So its still great.

1  Thank BeachFamily00

Reviewed January 15, 2012

This place is a real treat. Amazing food & atmosphere. Sit outside for lunch in the shady court yard. I just dont think you can go wrong on the menu from the perfectly cooked lamb to the greek baked beans & sausages. It was so enjoyable that we ended up stopping off twice.

1  Thank Browkett
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Had a quiet breakfast with the family, coffee not bad...! food very good. I would advise to go there for Dinner menu much preferred and suited to the restaurant...!

1  Thank BRENN77
Reviewed January 9, 2012

What a let down. The big night out during our holiday for my sister and I and her daughters seemed like something from Faulty Towers.
A review in a Melbourne newspaper said kid friendly food. No. They could have smaller versions of the adult dishes. Or a bowl of wedges. Turned out to be boiled spuds.
Our shared entree arrived quickly - too quickly. We didn't have our bottle of wine yet. Ate it slowly - good calamari – but really wanted to have a nice wine with it. Didn’t turn up. A different waiter from the one who took our order told us they had run out of cold bottles (it was the cheapest at $38) so they had put one on ice. Waiting – waiting. Finally managed to get the attention of the first waiter who gave us a complimentary glass each while we waited for the cold bottle. Which we could have taken back to our unit and chilled in the freezer quicker than what it was taking in the restaurant.
The second waiter brought our mains and slammed them on the table. Not happy about our asking for a cold wine before we had eaten all our food, obviously. We had to ask another waiter (we’re up to three now) for small plates for the girls.
For $34 I got four king prawns and a tiny little salsa that was supposed to have green chilli but I couldn’t taste it. My sister’s roast vegetables were tasty but why was there a slab of cheese to top? Couldn’t find a grater?
The girls wanted dessert and we were desperate to make up for the lousy food they had so far. Both wanted to share a crème brulee. My sister and I decided to share a dessert. We ordered and continued to drink the bottle of wine – it had arrived during the main course.
Desserts arrived and there was no crème brulee. A woman behind us was served one and I asked her if she ordered the dessert we got but hadn’t ordered. No but she had only just ordered. Back to waiter No 1 who apologised for the mistake and rectified it. I felt sorry for the staff – it was a busy night and there was a distinct lack of management.
I noticed that when the table behind us got their bill they called over the waiter to point out that they didn’t get something they were charged with. The waiter then looked at our table. I reckon it was the calamari. It was early because it wasn’t ours.
We went to the 6.30 sitting. You can only book for 6.30 or 8.30 inside. Getting close to 8.30 the lights were turned off and on and the music was turned up. The owner was walking around making sure tables were empty.
On the way out I asked the woman at the bar for a screw cap for our bottle of wine which we were told we could take home. She wasn’t happy and grabbed one of another bottle.
We would never go back to this place.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Very busy restaurant with Mediterranean atmosphere.
Quite good food but not as good as last year.Think too busy the night we attended as service ordinary. Very noisy, couldnt hear ourselves speak.