“Perfection on the Great Ocean Road”
Review of Cimarron

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aireys Inlet
Cimarron
Ranked #3 of 3 Aireys Inlet B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cimarron! I only live about 40mins away so could afford to be picky but why would I ever go anywhere else? I travelled alone on this occasion as I was on a self styled writing retreat and Cimarron was just perfect. Aireys Inlet is a lovely little town and Cimarron is nestled in the bush next to the national park where it is lovely and quiet. You have a beautiful view of the ocean and the tranquillity of the bush. I took my bike which was perfect for the 2-2.5 km into the pub and the wonderful Aireys Inlet Foodstore and Cafe!
Hosts Paul and Wade are just so friendly and welcoming and have some wonderful stories, Wade should sell a little take away bag of his home made muesli, I miss it!
I never wanted to leave the fire place and enormous library of books :)
The rooms are beautifully clean and luxurious, the location is ideal and the hosts are friendly and welcoming, what more could you ask? I'll be returning.

Room Tip: Eagle has a wonderful view, the apartment has it's own private entrance, I stayed in the Eagle a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 12, 2012

What a perfect oasis a short drive inland from the Great Ocean Road at Aireys Inlet! This stunning, hand crafted/built house with its abundance of beautiful timbers and brick is set on a rising 5 acres of lush, Australian gardens/bush with magnificent ocean views. My very spacious bedroom with ensuite, more like a bedsitter in size, was accessed by its own entrance from the paved, private patio where I enjoyed many a cup of tea, lost in the ocean vista and the songs of the kookaburras. While I treasured my privacy, I had open access to the wonderful main living area of the house - an extensive open plan "room", lined with crammed bookshelves. The traditional return verandahs protect the house from our extreme weathers. All this would have been enough to keep me happy but, as an added bonus, Paul and Wade, my hosts, were perfectly attentive to my needs without being intrusive in the slightest - sometimes a fine line to walk. It was stressed that I should make myself at home including making cups of tea whenever I wanted; a beautifully fresh breakfast was served each morning - much more than I could eat - at a time to suit me; tips on all things "Aireys Inlet" to enhance my visit - the organic icecreamery is a must - and interesting, engaging conversation when I felt the need for company. This was particuarly true of Paul, the perfect host, as Wade was often busy with his academic requirements. I had booked for 3 nights, an extravagance I was allowing myself, but stayed for 5. It was just too hard to leave! Thanks again Paul and Wade.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 15JulieB15
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Quiet and Peacefull and a great place to relax after driving the Great Ocean Road.
Beautiful Gardens and birds abound. We had breakfast on the patio with a beautiful
view of the the Southern Ocean.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Katie C
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Absolutely gorgeous! This was our first stop on our Great Ocean Road drive and it was perfect. A beautiful cosy cottage tucked away in the bush with a lovely view, wished we had stayed for longer! Wade, one of the owners, was delightful and put on a lovely breakfast in the fantastic living room/ library accompanied with a great conversation! Thank you so much for letting us stay in you lovely home! Comfy bed, beautiful house, great host - a must visit!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Stormy75
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Gorgeous, fabulous, what a view, what a house, lots of wildlife - especially parrots and cockatoos, even the moon cooperated and came out full reflected white in the sea, bliss, bliss, bliss. Thanks to Wade and Paul for sharing this sacred place, truly paradise.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in Eagle
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My partner and I much enjoyed our stay at Cimarron. We were stationed in the Cloister room which was quite lovely and had a private entrance and exit.
The early morning views from the front porch were quite breathtaking. Also very delightful were the pretty birds whom owners Wade and Paul regularly feed. One ate bird seed right out of my hand!
Cimarron may not be the most luxurious accomodation I've ever stayed, but was certainly amongst the most tranquil and homey. The continental breakfast was more than adequate with lovely artesian breads.
I shall return if I go to Australia again.

1  Thank travelcarguy
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We wanted mainly a place to relax, enjoy the scenery, and left mainly to do "our thing". This was the ideal location place to do it, we found. The rooms were large and comfortable, and had commanding views of the ocean. The owners were helpful and knowledgeable when we asked for recommendations (for restaurants, directions, sight-seeing venues, etc.), but were unobtrusive otherwise. I found nothing to complain about and much to praise. I particularly liked the free wireless internet access and the great book collection guests had access to. Breakfasts were excellent and ample--with the charming added touch of being served on funky Fiesta-ware. Altogether, staying at Cimarron was an enjoyable and memorable experience which I hope to repeat someday.

Room Tip: The two upper rooms had exceptional views.
nine_bear, Owner at Cimarron, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2011

We enjoyed having you and hope to see you back at Cimarron some day. Thanks for mentioning the Fiesta Ware, one of my secret pleasures. Maybe I will put a picture of it on the website!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aireys Inlet
#2 of 5 in Aireys Inlet
Inlet Beach Apartments
Inlet Beach Apartments
#5 of 5 in Aireys Inlet

Been to Cimarron? Share your experiences!