“Don't Bother!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

When we walked in, it was impressive! The decor was cute and the waitresses were all in their 60's diner outfits. BUT to our dismay, their burgers were overpriced and horrible! The service was poor as they couldn't get our orders right. I ordered a glass of Coke twice and never came. We were all very disappointed. And finally, the lady at the counter was so rude! She was unfriendly and unhelpful. She was being very difficult when we asked her to revise our bill as they charged us for the meals and drinks that never arrived. I've been to a lot of diners in the US and this one has to be the worst one yet. Waste of time, money and calories.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Although advertised, milk shakes have been removed from the menu, an American diner with no milk shakes! One of the only two waitresses during peak period made it clear that they make more money on the alcohol. So I fell into the trap of ordering an overpriced cocktail. Drinks arrived after we had finished our food and obviously the alcohol had been severely watered down. The water on the table had been left from previous customers and ice was added as a favour to us to cool it down. A second jug was a very long time coming and it came with the additional extra of floating ants. Our group generally enjoyed the food, the steak was very nice but we ordered a child's meal and very obviously the out of date rolls were saved especially for the children, hopefully not noticed by the parents. My son's was inedible, the bread powdered and the hamburger was liberally covered in mustard, far more than the adults food. I swapped my meal with his and I could not stomach it at all. I finally caught the attention of the waitress who offered me something else but I requested a refund. This was OK until I went to pay the bill and was absolutely refused. Although the meal had been returned, the cook had not bothered to even look and had immediately become hostile with me. I called my husband to assist and even before he stood, I was granted the full $12 refund, obviously a female was an easy target to bully! With so many good restaurants in the neighbouring Anglesea, don't waste your time with this one.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

There were about 16 of us. We had pre booked and when we arrived they had us crammed on this table they had made up. We were sitting so crushed together 4 of us decided to move from the group and sit at another table. We had repeatedly asked if we could move and make up a bigger table but the ( head) waitress refused saying they had other bookings and could not give us more room. Guess what??? No one else came...,not good business.
The food was ok. I just had soup that was a bit watery.
The decor was fabulous. A 60 's diner theme. If the hostess had been a bit friendlier it would have made our stay better.
Although the entertainment was interesting with the staff arguing behind the counter amongst each other. One waitress left in tears and the head waitress was arguing with the cook. All in view of the customers. Not very professional. My husband brought a stubby of beer and it broke the record $8. Rediculous.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

A fantastic step back in time to the 60s. Complete with those old magnificent petrol pumps (8foot tall) and a whole range of other bric-a-brac. The Diner section is somewhat cramped, but that is due to the large array of memorabilia and popularity from the tourists. Fortunately there's no cover charge or entrance fee (yet). And then there' the restaurant Diner! Marvelous collection of old time Americano.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stopped here after completing the Great Ocean Road and on our way to Melbourne.

We were the only ones in the restaurant upstairs which gave us an opportunity to have a wander around and enjoy the great and fun American 60s diner style decor.

Great menu is complimented by great music and friendly staff.

We all, 5 adults and 1 child, had different burgers and in the majority were very happy with our choices. The burgers themselves had a funny texture hard to explain but not like ground beef you get in most burgers but with all the additions and sauces pretty tasty. We also had fries coming out of our ears and putting the kids ones in a little cardboard car modeled on a classic is pretty cool. Generous portions left us all extremely full.
Drinks were also tasty with thick malt shakes served in big containers went down really well.
Slightly disappointed we couldn't take one unfinished burger away with us as the child wasn't interested and just ate fries, apparently because they are not a take away we couldn't take in a doggy bag??

Downstairs is a little museum of 60s automobilla and even the toilets are decked out in period objects.

Would definitely stop again and maybe try the Malt Bar downstairs next time.