“Not so good this time”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I always go to Bill's when we come to Sydney and need a tasty lunch. Or arvo tea of course.
This time we had our favourite Chopped Salad with bacon and avocado. The only thing I would say, is that once they did actually always chop it up for you but now it It's up to you to do the chopping. That sounds precious I know but instead of coming on your plate all chopped and mixed up it comes in sections on your plate like a lump of avocado, strips of bacon, tomatoes. cucumber, lettuce and radish all in their own mounds and you are to mix it all up. Not sure why this is now the way they serve it but I liked it better before. It is in a nice spot and always busy, maybe just try something else next time.

There are newer reviews for Bills Woollahra

Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch here was seated promptly just changing from breakfast to lunch menu no problems. Dodged locals who wanted to be seated inside no matter what. Ordered corn fritters bacon tomato and spinach filling well cooked under $20. Had limited wine list but hey made do with bubbles at $13 per glass. Good quick service place near full would go back. Wait staff very friendly.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

...if you are looking for one in Woollahra. The usual Bills classics (ricotta pancakes, scrambled eggs, corn fritters) are the menu. Tried the lunch menu but would stick to the classics instead for next time.

1  Thank YYSydney
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We always go to Bills when in Sydney. great vibe, great food. Just love it. Sometimes a wait for a table but we browse in the bookshop.

2  Thank coatesgirl
Reviewed April 30, 2012

An absolute institution for breakfast/brunch in the Eastern Suburbs. My partner in crime and I can never decide on what we want, so we order three dishes and nibble from each plate.

Yes, they are renowned for their eggs, but the ricotta hotcakes with honeycomb butter are the only pancakes I will eat in the world, and the corn fritters with avo salsa the best start to the day you can have.

As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery, and with many cafes trying to achieve what Bills does you'd think they'd have a run for their money, but Bills is consistantly head and shoulders above the rest and the crowds prove it.

4  Thank Nom_on_this