All reviews rooftop pool bay view the club lounge village atmosphere ritz carlton rose bay beautiful hotel intercontinental sydney separate toilet executive suite special thanks high tea ferry terminal small balcony early check circular quay opera house
Reviewed May 31, 2015

Had three nights here and enjoyed the position, staff and the amenities. The pool area was smaller than I'd hoped but there was a great view over Sydney Harbour and the bar and wait staff were very good. The room was a good size and very comfortable - superb bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for specific pillow if required
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... S, General Manager at Intercontinental Sydney Double Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2015

Dear Suzie H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear you found our location, service, amenities and rooms commendable.

We are pleased you liked our Rooftop Pool & Lounge. Yes, our Rooftop Pool & Lounge is designed as an exclusive hideaway. We couldn’t agree more about the stunning view that overlooks spectacular panoramic views of the yacht-dotted bay and thank you for your compliments on our bar and wait staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed May 30, 2015

We reserved a bay view room here to celebrate our wedding anniversary but on arrival there was only one receptionist on duty and I had to line up for a very long time, firstly to get to the desk and then to receive my room key. The receptionist did not seem to know what she was doing and blamed me, saying it was because I had "changed my room" as she was trying to give me a twin room at the back until I showed her my print out quoting "King Bay View" which was all prepaid and had been confirmed the day before by telephone. It was all very unsatisfactory and she refused to inform me where the parking was. However, after this bad start things did improve greatly. The Concierge was great and soothed me by giving me complimentary parking. The room was lovely with great bay views and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. But the bathroom was amazing - huge, all marble with separate shower room and toilet. Absolutely loved the push buttons beside the bed to open and close the curtains and operate the lights. We had drinks up on the pool deck before dinner and enjoyed the view and service. Breakfast was more than satisfactory with lots of choices although a lot of the "hot" food was only tepid. Staff were very attentive. Check out was done in a flash. Would recommend to anyone looking for a boutique type 5 star hotel in a village atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a "bay view" room to get a harbour view. These rooms have a tiny balcony with seats where you can sit and enjoy a drink.
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Sue P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are concerned to hear of the shortcomings that you had experienced on your stay with us at check-in. I have shared your feedback with our Front of House Manager to further follow up on the very high standards that our team set ourselves on a daily basis. We highly appreciate your comments as they help us ensure that we deliver an experience in line with our guests’ expectations.

However, it will give me great pleasure to pass your compliments about our Concierge, rooms, food and service onto our departments – they will be thrilled with your acknowledgement.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

Disappointed to be told upon arrival that my pre-paid room was changed from a standard king-size bed room to a disabled access twin room.
Once inside this high-tech room with electronic 'everything' including a button on the wall in the main room which opens the front door, the comfort level was high.
Concierge was friendly and ever-helpful.
TV had all the details of amenities in the hotel, no compendium in the room.
A relaxing stay once I got used to everything being push button

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business

Dear Stuart M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am concerned to hear of your experience at check-in. Be assured this is not indicative of our usual standards and I will make it a priority to investigate these circumstances to ensure a more positive experience for your next stay and for future guests. We highly appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our service.

However, I am truly delighted you enjoyed our rooms and thank you for the compliments on our Concierge. I will pass on your feedback to them - they will be thrilled. Our concierge team, led by Chef Concierge James Nobleza, is on-hand to offer guests insider knowledge of the local area and Sydney on the whole, tailoring experiences to guests' needs, working with local tourism operators.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope we can welcome you back when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

What a beautiful place to stay!
I feel privelaged to have been for business but certainly wish I could go for a holiday!
Staff are great, food was lovely, rooms divine!
Very close to the water and some up market shops!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business

Dear Mgchlp87,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback after your experience at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay.

It will give me great pleasure to pass your compliments about our service, food and rooms onto our departments. They will be extremely pleased to hear that the service they provide has recognition.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

So enjoyed my afternoon on the rooftop bar and pool today. Excellent view above Double Bay, friendly and very engaged barkeeper from the Caribbean Sea, beautiful club sandwich with smooth grilled chicken, amazingly the Sauvignon Blanc with it. The cappuccino was delicious. Next week I will come and celebrate my birthday here.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled solo

Dear Sabina W,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay. I greatly appreciate you extending your compliments.

We are delighted you experienced our Rooftop Pool & Lounge, our exclusive and luxurious retreat, tucked away on the top floor of the hotel, overlooking spectacular panoramic views of the yacht-dotted bay.

I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our food, beverages and service. Our team will be thrilled with the acknowledgement as they spend considerable time ensuring that the quality is of the utmost standard.

Thank you again and we hope you had a wonderful birthday.