“pleasant place”
Review of Red Rabbit

Red Rabbit
Ranked #72 of 138 Restaurants in Woollahra
Cuisines: French, Japanese, Korean, Fusion
Description: modern Asian dining, we offer dine in, take away and catering services. We serve fresh and fun cocktails, and have an extensive wine and beer list. Red rabbit is the perfect venue for catching up over casual drinks, an intimate dinner for couples or dinner for large groups of friends.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very good quality food and lovely attentive service. Share dishes and each one was interesting and different. We had a great dinner and will definitely come again !

2  Thank john g
There are newer reviews for Red Rabbit

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I went here when it was Claude's.
It is certainly nothing like Claude's but it is nevertheless a great little modern Asian "local".
Service is attentive and the menu although small is interesting.
Good selection of wine by the glass too.
Give it a go.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Red Rabbit had big shoes to fill, moving into the space vacated by Claude's 3-hatted restaurant but I think they will do well.

The first time I visited was two weeks ago with a couple of girlfriends. Admittedly we nearly walked straight past and on to The Wine Library, as the dining room was deserted except for staff. Don't be fooled though! As cool as the decor is downstairs, the upstairs dining room is even nicer and I think people tend to opt to eat upstairs.

The service was attentive, helpful with pointers and always quick to refill our glasses.

The food is modern Asian, with a Korean bent - the Crispy Chicken Gangjeong and the Gochujang Pork Belly Tacos were my favourite.

Red Rabbit has a great wine list, with many offerings 'by the glass' or a carafe. Love this!

On both occasions we were served a lovely plum wine aperitif on the house at the end of the meal - a very nice touch.

Highly recommend giving this place a visit, whether it's for one glass of wine and a couple of plates to share or for a full meal. Well worth a try. Happy to call this a local.

1  Thank Maeve V
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had the opportunity to try this newish restaurant (previously Claudes) and were pleasantly surprised. The menu was on display at the front so we knew the Asian Fusion style of food to expect and they were happy to serve small entree sized portions as well as larger main courses. Two of us shared 5 small plates and 2 desserts all of which were interesting and delicious. Plus a glass of French red and a NZ white all for $90.00. The waiters were attentive and pleasant and we can't wait to return.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We popped in for dinner about 8 PM one night while visiting Sydney; place was fairly empty. Had a glass of wine each with an omelette and duck for mains with a bok choy salad and two macchiatos. Food was fresh and tasty but, have to admit, as we walked up Oxford Street after dining, I felt hungry. At $86, I shouldn't have felt like I wanted to go and have something to eat. I don't think I'm a big eater, so not sure if the servings are a tad small or my appetite is bigger than I thought. Usually, mains, salad, wine and coffee is enough to satisfy. Maybe should give it another go but there are so many new places opening to try which I think are better value.