The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
Intercontinental Sydney Double Bay(Woollahra)(Great Value!)
$137
$101
$94
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel(Watsons Bay)(Great Value!)
$150
$141
$61
Megaboom City Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$67
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$149
QT Sydney(Sydney)
$201
$178
  • Room Service
The Westin Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$224
$161
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$165
$156
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentennial parkoxford streetallianz stadiumbondi beachhome away from homebreakfast was includedwould stay againyogurtsydney cbdcircular quaypaddingtonscgloungeensuitecafesaustralia
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Last Saturday December 13th I married at the Hughenden Boutique Hotel. Not only have I fielded daily phone calls from my guests and family since the day praising the Hughenden and its staff, but my husband and I are also still raving to each other about how easy, beautiful and amazing the entire experience was.

From the moment we met Mark the General Manager, we knew we need not check other venues. Mark's attention to detail, relaxed nature and commitment to us was evident at our first meeting and we fell in love with the charm of the venue as well. The breeze blowing in from the terrace, lovely jazz music playing in the restaurant, modern touches of art and literature as well as the abundant history of the building surrounding us - why would we waste time looking at other options? Every dealing we had with Mark and his team was relaxed and painless, as was the day itself. I can honestly say I never felt stressed about detail - canapes, civil celebrant, champagne, ceremony music and photo opportunities across the road at Centennial Park were delightful and easily arranged.

The little touches were perhaps the most outstanding - Mark had bottles of sparkling soda water presented to us at the end of the ceremony as we made it to the end of the aisle (neither of us could drink the real stuff on the day - a point remembered by Mark!) Also, our driver commented that in 18 years of driving wedding cars he had never seen someone so attentive to detail - packing some canapes for the happy couple, the driver and photographer on our short trip across the road for photos and then moving his own car everytime the wedding car returned in order for us to have front of house prime parking! Not to mention the genuine care and time Mark took with some of the elderly guests. So impressive!

The food was spectacular and when the wedding was over, we weren't hurried on. In fact, many guests enjoyed a drink with us on the terrace in that beautiful breeze until later that evening. The room was beautiful, uniquely appointed and so comfortable. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast with our paper the next morning, strolled around the corner to the wonderful shopping on
Oxford St, stretching out the time we had at the Hughenden and putting off the inevitable check-out until the last minute. It was genuinely hard to leave after what was, the best weekend of our lives. We look forward to returning for a meal in an attempt to recreate the fun and memories of last week.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a small wedding (we had 48 guests), a meal, a night, an experience! Thank you Mark and your brilliant team for giving us something to smile about for the rest of our lives.

Tina and Adam

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tinavan
Reviewed November 11, 2008

I stayed at the Hughenden Boutique Hotel for the first time last month, and absolutely loved it! I stayed in the Gatehouse apartment - I got a free upgrade when I checked in, so it was fabulous value. I ate breakfast every morning at the cafe/restaurant (I think it was called Quaife's) and the staff were super helpful, catering for my special diet. A healthy gluten free breakfast can be hard to find! Next time I am in Sydney I plan on trying out the Hughenden Paddington Terraces, and will add another comment on this site so you know whether its worth while. Looks good online though! Over and out!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel for a week with my boyfriend. We were just down visiting family in Sydney, and we found the location to be so easy and convinent (near transport, nice area, etc). The rooms were cosy and warm, and it felt homely. The restaurant had beautiful food and service, and it was relaly lovely with the pianist and fire place going. Overall I found it good value for money in comparison to prices of other hotels in that area. We have already booked our retun at Christmas!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We stayed here for several days during our honeymoon. The staff at the desk was perfectly nice, but the place was really run-down for the prices we were paying. I understand it's supposed to be old and charming and homey, but mostly it looked old and grubby. There is no excuse for stained pillows everywhere, stained chairs, stained rugs, lack of vacuuming, 3 posters only on what is supposed to be a 4 poster bed... And the cleaning staff definitely did the bare miniumum. We had to ask for new towels, even when we made it clear we needed new ones, and had to clean up the room ourselves every day (similar to a previous reviewer's beer can situation). It was very disappointing as I expected a much nicer place for the money, esp as it's not super close to where we spent much of our time (in the more touristy areas). I think the place needs a makeover badly.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LJWNYC2008
Reviewed August 31, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Hughenden last thursday and friday night. We booked a two room family suite as we have a seven month old baby. There is secure off street car parking. The room has alot of charm associated with the building's grand Victorian heritage. The hotel has spacious public areas including the restaurant, bar, reading room and outdoor alfresco areas. We felt comfortable staying around after breakfast and reading the complimentary newspapers without being moved on by the restaurant staff. We had dinner on the thursday night and the food was fantastic. The hotel is also situated a short walk from centennial park and shops/cafes. We would recommend the Hughenden for anyone looking for somewhere central and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family