See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

Westmead has limited accomodation, especially for such a large medical precinct. I stayed overnight for business at the 175 Hotel which is directly across the road from the hospital(s). The location is extremely convenient for business, families and/or patients alike. My double room was immaculate, spotlessly clean, comfortable and on a 45 degree Celsius day, the airconditioning was very welcomed. Some might say it is a bit loud but it did not bother me. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well.

On check in you were offered fresh milk and biscuits for tea and coffee and there is a small mini bar and fridge in the room which is convenient. There is a dining room for both dinner and breakfast with a few eateries in the street near the hotel.

Also, to note there is a bus, 711 which can be caught down and back to a supemarket about 5 mins away and in the opposing direction the same bus goes to the Parramatta Westfield.

A little expensive but worth it for the convenience, welcoming environment and a good night’s sleep. I will be back.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2018

Across the road from Westmead hospital. Easy walk to the station. Close to Westmead Tavern & small shopping center with convenience store, food etc (opposite the train station). Lots of food options nearby, all within a couple of blocks from the hotel. Also in house dining options. Room was clean & had all the normal amenities. Good option, we have stayed there on several occasions now.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

I found this motel good value especially where it is situated. Directly opposite Westmead Public & just under 1km to Westmead Private. Room quite spacious & clean. Revamped bathrooms...bright & clean. All staff extremely friendly & helpful. Security parking. Very close to an amazing Thai Restaurant, plus many other eateries to choose from.
This motel makes a stressful time very manageable. Recommend.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2018

Certainly this place has had a major revamp at some point since I stayed years ago. It is also has its target market well catered for. It is directly opposite one of Sydney's biggest hospitals. If you work there or have relatives staying there, it's right across the road.

It has some major pluses:

* freshly painted in bright uplifting colours
* friendly helpful staff
* Basic set of crockery and cutlery in the room in case you have your own food (eg breakfast cereal) or don't feel like going out.
* FRESH MILK supplied for coffee & tea on request
* fully opening opening windows if you don;'t want to use the Aircon.
* resonably priced minibar snacks

Minuses
* the bed is fine but the pillows aren't too comfortable.
* the overhead light in my room was quite dim, and also a very cold fluoro-white light. Quite a depressing combination

All in all I would probably stay here again but might bring my own pillow

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank Luke for his outstanding service at such a difficult time for my family - you are definitely an asset to the Hotel - we will from now on book with you direct when surgery is rescheduled - Thankyou again Luke.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
WLManagement, Manager at 175, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Dear Tania

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback.
We apologise for the difficulty you had with booking through a third party website, and are pleased that we could assist you with getting a solution for the issue.

Our staff work hard to give the best customer service possible, as we understand that our guests who are visiting for medical reasons can be going through a difficult time.

We look forward to having you stay with us once the surgery has been rescheduled. Feel free to contact us at any time to make your reservation