“Spotlessly clean - Great value”
Review of 175

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westmead
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My parents and I stayed her recently as my mum was having surgery at Westmead. The hotel is straight across the road from the hospital. It's also a two minute walk from the railway, plus there are a couple of cafes/fast food outlets next to the hotel.
All staff were friendly and obliging.
Parking was complimentary
We had two executive rooms which were great. The rooms were quite basic however they were spotlessly clean, nice linen & towels and the furnishings were new. Great tv in our rooms with foxtel.
I'm fortunate enough to generally stay in 5 star hotels however there aren't any in Westmead, hence the reason we stayed at Westley Lodge. I can honestly say the cleanliness of the place and service we received was as good as anywhere I've stayed.
Fantastic value for money.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ILikeLuxury87

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stay here back in December 2013. The Hotel is pretty average, you do get what you pay for. The staff here though are very helpful, good with organising transport to the local Parramatta shopping centre for me. The housekeeping team here do a good job with keeping the cleanliness of the rooms to a high standard. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anon y
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were very very clean and close to hospital being across the road and short walk to westmead private. Exactly what I was looking for somewhere to sleep.
TV clean room could park car out back
Staff very friendly and helpful.
No complaints would recommend.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Friends and I stayed over New Years owing to the fairly reasonable price in comparison to others in Sydney and the surrounding areas at the time of year.

The room and bathroom was clean and tidy and sufficient for our stay.

The staff while friendly wouldn't provide a tax invoice for one of our two rooms (despite providing one for the other) owing to booking via a third party website. This was a minor inconvenience but on the face of it seemed a little unreasonable and particularly unhelpful.

The hourly fee for the Wifi is a little pricey, especially considering most motels I've stayed in recently offer this service for approximately half their price or in a few cases actually free.

All in all, reasonable accommodation and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2013

When you find a place that will listen to your comments and act on them, it's only fair to give them another chance to see just how seriously they take customer satisfaction and service.
I must say, that this time the hotel staff really outshined all expectations! We stayed in room 228 and it was clean, modern, and most of all, convenient. We chose this place only because of its proximity to the hospital, but in future, if we were visiting the area (not just the hospital) I would stay here again. The Staff were very friendly as we've previously experienced and nothing was too much trouble for them to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They let me park my car without extra charge even though we showed up early (pre-op appointments at the hospital), and allowed us to leave the car in the parking bay without charge after checkout while I waited for my wife to be discharged. The bed was very comfortable, not too firm and from what I could tell, seemed fairly new with no "soft spots" or sagging springs. The carpets and curtains were very clean and the room was in very good condition for its age. It looks like the walls are being prepared for painting with a few spots of patching visible, but this is very minor and I guess it's good to see the owners staying on top of maintenance rather than letting it build up for major refurbishment! The Flat screen TV had all the usual channels but the picture quality was a vast improvement, even the foxtel channels were clear and that made killing time so much more bearable. Given the age of the building, the place really is on top of its game in regards to upkeep and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms near the stairs can get a bit noisy, if it's quiet you're after ask for a room awa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My elderly father, my daughter, and I stayed one night last week. My father had a early morning appointment at the hospital was was convenient to stay and just cross the road in the morning and it worked out well.
The room was clean, and tidy and the fridge stocked with drinks and lollies (extra cost). There were no rooms with a third bed left, so we had the camp bed and that was solid and comfortable, more like a real bed.
The shower was wonderful and plenty of hot water with good water pressure.
Parking is out the back and was available. Pin code to access boom gate in and out.
Bed was comfortable. Modern tv.
I was happy with the stay and would use again.
Book early and request ground floor if you have someone who is not so good on their feet.
Staff were very friendly and professional.
Was an extra $3 to stay the day in the car park.
No complains at all.

Room Tip: Request ground floor unless you want to climb stairs
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

What can I say. Nice little motel ideal for Westmead Hospital. Very clean which is a good thing.
It could use a vending machine for midnight munchies and the place is a little too expensive... I think they should review their pricing. Other than that it's a good place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmead
Ibis budget Wentworthville
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
#6 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to 175? Share your experiences!