“Disgusting!”

Lone Star Steak House and Saloon
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This place used to be half decent but has deteriorated significantly in the past few years. It is now Outback Jack's. The service is ok however the food is terrible. My husband ordered chicken and i ordered salmon. I dont know why i was asked how i wanted the salmon done because it was over cooked and rubbery. the dianne sauce my husband ordered was putrid and they dont even used fresh potatoes in the mash!! Its the powdered stuff that smelt like dirty socks. Was very disappointed and will not be returning!

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff were, as a previous reviewer described, robots...no smiles or personally!
We ordered a coke and a lemon lime & bitters, the coke tasted cheap and the LLB was the worst I have ever had. Upon asking the waitress, she said thats just how they are.
The meals came quite quickly. I had ordered the Neptune Steak, it came with two small prawns and topped with a quarter rock hard avocado. It was not enjoyable! The others didn't very much enjoy their meals.
I am not normally one to tear a restaurant to bits but Outback Jacks was terrible! My first time and last to the one!!

1  Thank MRyanPhotography
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Still has Lonestar as its name on here but it's def Outback Jacks.
I was there last October with 15 people altogether & I loved the food and the staff plus entertainment for kids - an overall pleasant experience.
I was there last Saturday & the service has gone downhill a little.
Only 1 person at the till serving customers exiting but those coming into the restaurant crammed together half in the door. Getting customers in should be a priority to those leaving.
Our server didnt smile & had a personality of a robot.
Our food was substandard esp for the asking price. I ordered cheesy fries, caesar salad, 1/2 chicken 1/2 pork rib combo with mash, sautéed mushrooms & caramelized onions.
The highlight was dessert called After Dark. Vanilla icecream with a shot of espresso & a shot of hazelnut liqueur. It's like affogato with hazelnut liqueur and it was sensational. I felt better after that except when I went to get the car while hubby paid but when I asked to see the bill, I noticed we paid for mushrooms & onions that we didn't get. So we had to go back inside to refund our $8. How rude.
Anyway look the menu is good and I usually lobe eating here but this particular night was a fail for me unfortunately.

1  Thank sassihel
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I usually have the alice springs chicken it's become a favourite of mine, my fiancée and sister both love the ribs. Salads are also very good. The cocktails are great!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Way too expensive for the average person. $19.95 for nachos is above crazy. Simple meals large. I wouldn't go back