“SmokeHouse? Hmmm Not where I am from”

The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Monteagle
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Rooms were clean and HOTEL staff friendly....I have serious issue with your "Smokehouse" Passing through and having my own smoked food catering service I like to try others smoked specialties. I bought 5 lbs of the "Smoked" beef which was much more expensive than the mail order...$20 more for the same amount. It was explained that "Mail order works differently" Oh well I got my purchase of "Smoked beef" back to Virginia and wanted a sample.....What I got was basically roast beef that would not be served anywhere..ZERO and I mean ZERO smoke..no line no taste except for an area on the tip. When I smoke meats even quick smoke the smoke flavor is pervasive throughout as it is in any place that actuall smokes the meat....The absolute worst excuse for a smokehouse I have ever seen. When people ask me where to stop to eat in Monteagle and want smoked food I will send them down behind the Army Navy store...They know how to do it.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Meatsmoker

Reviewed October 7, 2009

Such a peaceful weekend! The ladies at the front desk were very friendly. Kay handed me several keys so that I could drive out and choose the "perfect cabin". The cabin we chose was tucked back in the trees to give you the feeling of being "all alone". We immediately put the log fire place to use .... filled the HUGE jacuzzi tub (which is in the same room as the fireplace) Relaxed in the tub, and sipped wine on the screened in front porch. We ordered room service, received our food quickly, they were friendly and the food was delicious. The living area had a nice black leather couch & recliner. Tv, internet connection. None of which we used .. but it was there. Also a full kitchen with a coffee pot. The bedroom was simple, clean and extremely comfortable. King sized bed. Mirrored wall. Bathroom was also clean. Shower had a nice shower head with plenty of water pressure. AND PLENTY of HOT water!! A perfect weekend! We can not wait to return!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We were on our way back to Fl from Pa and had been to a funeral and we we're both mentally and physically exhausted, We travel from fl to Indiana and pa quite often and have always seen the sign for the Smoke House but never stopped till now.First we just checked into a king size room then we we're sitting outside and saw the cabins we immediately went to the office and we upgraded to a cabin. A huge king size bed massive stone fireplace Jacuzzi and full kitchen a outdoor grill and rocking chairs on the front porch. We we're going to go to the smokehouse rest for dinner but we ended up walking next door to the liquor store and Piggley Wiggley and bought steaks and cooked out. We enjoyed the evening so much we stayed another day and went to the town of Seweanne and looked at the quaint gift shops and had lunch then went across the street from the Lodge to the Winery. Then we cooked out again and enjoyed a blazing fire in the fireplace. We would definitely recommend this as a 2 day getaway.. And I will be recommending this Lodge to everyone on my blog http://allisonskitchen.blogspot.com
We will try the restaurant next time but we did buy alot of homemade BBQ sauce and some fudge.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2009

The Best Western is definitely not a luxury accomodation, but it is a nice facility and the cabins are very cute. This is the type of place where your attitude makes all the difference and I think we would have had a better experience had the front desk clerk been friendlier. She was fine, but not well trained in showing hospitality. Being from the South this is a particularly sticky point for me and I believe there is no excuse for not making visitors feel like you are happy to see them. However, for the price of $72/nt the rooms were more than adequate, the grounds are well appointed and attractive, nice pool / playground / basketball court, and the location is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2009

This is a way over priced old motel. It is simply the only thing available in that area and why people are writing it up like it is good is beyond my understanding. It is not nice or comfortable. My room had flies and worn out everything in it. I was happy when we left and never intend to go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gingerday
Reviewed April 30, 2009

great place. Comfortable cabins and suites. Wonderful country cooking. Genial host/owner. Awesome fudge!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I don't know where some of these whiners stayed but what they describe bears absolutely no resemblence to the Smokehouse Lodge I stayed in.Firstly,the most comfortable beds you will ever find in a motel! I wanted to take the thing home with me. Spent two nights and slept like a baby...More hot water than you can ever use. My room was immaculate and the employess were very nice to me at every turn. The food ? Barbecue is excellent! The sides are very well contrived and the desserts are positively mouthwatering. I tell you people,they have the very BEST fried pies anywhere....ANYWHERE!!!! I ate three of them (with ice cream!) while I was there and took four home with me. Oink! Oink! At this rate I will weigh five hundred pounds in no time at all,but look at all the fun I will have getting there. I have stayed here several times and I am a happy traveler at Smokehouse Lodge. I will go back............

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteagle
The Sewanee Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester

Been to The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!