We were on our way back to Fl from Pa and had been to a funeral and we we're both mentally and physically exhausted, We travel from fl to Indiana and pa quite often and have always seen the sign for the Smoke House but never stopped till now.First we just checked into a king size room then we we're sitting outside and saw the cabins we immediately went to the office and we upgraded to a cabin. A huge king size bed massive stone fireplace Jacuzzi and full kitchen a outdoor grill and rocking chairs on the front porch. We we're going to go to the smokehouse rest for dinner but we ended up walking next door to the liquor store and Piggley Wiggley and bought steaks and cooked out. We enjoyed the evening so much we stayed another day and went to the town of Seweanne and looked at the quaint gift shops and had lunch then went across the street from the Lodge to the Winery. Then we cooked out again and enjoyed a blazing fire in the fireplace. We would definitely recommend this as a 2 day getaway.. And I will be recommending this Lodge to everyone on my blog http://allisonskitchen.blogspot.com
We will try the restaurant next time but we did buy alot of homemade BBQ sauce and some fudge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than your typical roadside motel, the World Famous Smoke House gives you more for your money. Since 1960 the Oliver family has been serving folks traveling over Monteagle Mountain; located just 300 yards off I-24 at Exit 134, 80 miles SE of Nashville, and 40 miles NW of Chattanooga. Still owned and operated by the Oliver family. Just recently completed a $2,000,000 renovation to all rooms and the property. The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins offers a variety of lodging accommodations for a one night stay as well as vacation getaways, family reunions, and meeting facilities. The Lodge has 80 rooms featuring King and Queen Beds, 21 cabins featuring one bed room cabins, two bed room, and a cabin with 6 king and queen beds, plus fold out couches. Most cabins have full kitchen facilities, Jacuzzi Tubs, Fireplaces, porches, leather sofas, all linens and kitchen cookware are provided by the Smoke House. Meeting facilities include conference facility up to 250 seats, outdoor covered shed seating 150, the Log Cabin Chapel seating 70, the Big Family Cabin seating 50, and over 20 acres of campus for a variety of outdoor activities. The Restaurant features its world famous Smoked Meats such as Pork Ribs, Beef Brisket, Pulled Pork Shoulder, Country Ham, Honey Baked Ham, and the largest selection of BBQ Sauces, Hot Sauces, Vinegars, Jams, Pickles, and Toppings you'll find anywhere. Full Menu from $2 to $18, large Buffet with hot vegetables, casseroles, and choice of meats, large fresh salad bar, homemade vegetable-beef stew, skillet cornbread and skillet bread pudding. Featuring fresh produce from local farmers in all the menu items and salad bar. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner; Open Everyday 6:30AM - 9:00PM, till 10:00PM Friday and Saturday. Live Singer/Songwriter Music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 7PM to 10PM, featuring a main act first, and a Songwriter Round of playing for the second act. Music features Blues, Country, Pop, Jazz, Bluegrass, and soft rock; solo, duos, and groups. The Trading Post Old General Store is a place you could spend the whole day looking around. Homemade candy, fried pies, Fudge, Ice Cream, Smoke House BBQ Sauces, Rubs, Hot sauces, Jams, Honey, Pickles, Antiques, 40 flavors of Glass Bottled Soft Drinks, Local Crafts, Old Country Store Merchantile Artifacts, Moonshine Still Exhibit area, and the Louvin Brothers Country Music Museum. A convenient place to stay for many area festivals and attractions. Bonnaroo Music Festival, River Bend Music Festival, Corn Bread Festival, Monteagle Arts & Crafts Festival, Beersheba Arts and Crafts Festival, South Cumberland State Park, Russel Cave National Monument, Sewanee Summer Music Festival, All Saints Festival of Lessons and Carrols, Tims Ford Lake, Nickajack Lake, Tennessee River, Tennessee Aquarium, The Discovery Museum, Chattanooga, Lookout Mountain, Country Music Association Fan Fair Nashville, Thunder on the Rock, the Collins River, the Elk River, University of the South Sewanee, Saint Andrews - Sewanee School. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Smokehouse Hotel Monteagle
- Monteagle Smokehouse Lodge Hotel
- Monteagle Best Western
- Best Western Monteagle