“The cabins are awesome! Makes you feel like you are in Gatlinburg.”

The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Monteagle
Reviewed March 5, 2009

This place is amazing! I have never stayed at a hotel that had cabins like these. We had a small family reunion, about 30 of us, and we took up 12 of their 20 cabins. Rocking chair front porches, fireplaces, jacuzzi tubs....oh la la....The atmosphere is like be home. We will go back again and again. The desk help, the housekkeepers, maintenance personal were all very helpful. The maintenance guys even helped us get all our belongings to the cabins and made sure we had wood for the fireplace and even started our fires. Great customer service, And the restaurant, well lets just say it is like eating at grandma's for Sunday dinner. The gift shop has unique gifts but the best was the fudge. They told us they make it right their at the Smokehouse. They had about 20 different flavors. I would recommend this place to anyone just wanting to getaway. Try it, you'll like it.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 4, 2009

I stay all over tennessee and alabama for my job and i travel with 4 to 8 people in my crew.This. Is the most friendliest and welcoming place ive stayed I have stayed there months at a time.I stay there and drive to bridgeport Al. instead of staying closer because i enjoy it so much.I have seen problems there because i stay so much and ive had problems myself but they all ways got me taken care of as fast as possible and go out of there way.my cable went out in my cabin at night and it was raining and they had maintnance working in rain for 2 hrs until it was fixed.thats just one thing that happened and was taken care of.The rooms to me were clean and nice but the cabins i really enjoy.I leave all my lap top,keys,medication,and i have left money there and nothing has ever been stolen.They have bent over backwords to help me with any problem i have.im glad i didnt see the reviews before i stayed there because i would have missed out on a home away from home.the cabins are very welcoming and cozy.I would bring my family back with me and stay there again and again.i travel year round and stay every where so at least take it from someone who has stayed there for atleast 4 months in 08 and some in 09.I had a chance to meet the owner at the resturaunt and was very friendly and he always ask how my stay was and if there was anything he could do to make my stay better.I dont have any interest or profit to gain for leaving this review but i have nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2009

We love this part of Tn so decided to stay at a place we found on the internet called Smokehouse Lodge. I wish I had read reviews because for over $100 a night, it was the worst place we have ever stayed. My husband and I go all over the US and the room we had was invested with bugs, moldy shower and no internet as advertised. It was not taken care of at all and please don't try and eat at the Smokehouse restaurant which is attached to the lodge. Really dirty tasting food and I am not that particular but this was too much for us. I just wouldn't ever go here again and hope you don't and spend money on a bad stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patgrassland
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Nice,clean rooms,excellent customer service, $55 price with business card ,$62 otherwise.
Fresh coffee,fireplace going in the lobby,very nice folks who really care.
Didn't stay in the cabin so can't tell you about that.
It's always healthiest to keep your socks on in any motel..the room carpets "look" clean but we know that with tons of traffic you would have to shampoo the carpet daily to keep them truly clean so use your head on this..note,the next unhappy cabin renter.
The restaurant was very good,store in it is fun and unusual,great place to buy christmas gifts!!
Enjoy your stay!
God bless,lynn and Don Collver
Keen Transport Company

semi parking in back when they aren't busy..we are oversize and still could find room.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Obviously there is more motivation to take the time to [--] and moan than to be positive.

THIS IS NOT A HILTON RESORT WITH ALL ITS STERILE AMENITIES PEOPLE. GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

However it is a place that is as close to home as it gets. The staff is impeccable and they speak with an accent........Southern.

The Smokehouse Restaurant is as close to home cooking as there is, but probably most of the negative ranters dont understand the concept.

After the second day, most of the staff knew my first name and I was constantly greeted(Northerners dont have a clue).

Room was above acceptable as far as cleanliness and high thread count on the linens which helps on 20 degree nights.

So, for those of you traveling south and expect the "rubber sausage and devoid personality staff, keep traveling.....There may be something for you in Chattanooga or Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2008

This property is being run into the ground by current management. We were told it was a nice place in its day.

We stayed in a $200.00 cabin unit for 2 days which smelled
and was filthy. Papers put on kitchen table stuck to table
upon our arrival. The screens in screened porch were
ripped and full of openings, rockers on porch falling apart.

Several lighting fixtures broken and inoperative in cabin.

Recreation grounds a bad joke. Hoops and boards on Basketball court falling down, weeds growing on tennis court,
kids playground was 2 old metal ride-ons in a sand pit,
numbers not legible on shuffleboard court.

The second day maid service consisted of some clean?
towels and that was it. Beds not made nor trash emptied.
Best part was handwritten tip envelope provided telling
us to enjoy our stay.

Feet almost stuck to floors in hallway leading to restrooms
in restaurant.

Overall a grim feeling about the place, one gets the feeling
it won't be around long. Would be great set for horror
movie.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 29, 2008

When our family arrived, 17 of us for a family reunion. They did not mention to us about the pool has been closed for 3 weeks. We booked it two weeks ago. All of the outside activies where in bad shape. This was the reason for us to come here. On there web site it mentions, basketball, tennis, volleyball, pond, shuffleboard courts and a gazebo. The basketball goals where broke, Tennis nets where worn out bad. We didn’t even find a shuffleboard court and the gazebo area was over runned by birds. Most of the tables where covered in Bird droppings that have been collecting in a pile for awhile it seems. The Staff was not friendly, and it seems the oldest person working there was only 19 when we tried to get a manager. The beds, where hard as wood and so where the pillows too. We had 5 rooms and all of them where the same. The Rooms have not been remodel in a long time. I would guess 80's was the last time. In all the years we have been doing the Reunions, this was the worst place we have been and will never go back to them. Best Western, really needs to take there name off of it, before they get a bad name.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Geek_ii
hamper1960, Owner at The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

When this family reunion arrived on Thursday, we were sand blasting the swimming pool, it was dusty but we almost had it complete within 2 hours of thier arrival, we had been working on it for 3 days, and we started filling the pool with water. The pool was ready for swimming by 8pm Thursday. We had shoveled out the waste sand from the sand blasting, which had paint particles in it, and piled it up to haul off. The family's children started playing in the waste sand, the parents were not present, and we asked the children to get out of the sand and go find their parents. Well the parents made a bigger issue out of this than was the case, and after that nothing would please them, the cabins, the beds, the rooms, the food, nothing. We discounted the rates, and gave a very generous refund/discount for their 4 day stay. Most of the family was satisfied, one couple with 2 children were not and could not be satisfied. They appeared to be fabricating problems to trump up a total refund request. We feel like this particular family did not have valid compliants, The issues in their review are inflated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteagle
The Sewanee Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester

Been to The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!